Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,019 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Im confused with all the Pagid numbers.... #1334225
13/04/2012 00:33
13/04/2012 00:33
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline OP
I need some sleep
technics  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
So I tried to place an order today and didnt get very far.
I asked Steve or Paul (Not sure who it was) at CPB about the Pagids and that I wanted to go a step from what I already had which was the Pagid Blue pads. I was thinking Grey or on recommendation the yellows. He started saying about RS 14 and RS 15 and then I started getting confused and wasnt sure what to order.

Someone said the yellow R29 are very good and have good longevity but when I mentioned that to him he was like, "What, for a road car?.....No, they are strictly circuit based"
Even looking at the links im unsure of what would be a step up frpm the Blue but with good life too. I would say the Blabk, but have NEVER heard anyone mntion them before, just the Grey or Yellow.

What should I go for? Fast road use with good discs and good fluid, probably no track work for now?

Thanks.

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/

http://www.pagid-brake-pads.co.uk/products/


Last edited by technics; 13/04/2012 00:34.

Now in the 400+ bhp club!
Re: Im confused with all the Pagid numbers.... [Re: technics] #1334227
13/04/2012 00:50
13/04/2012 00:50

M
mayzon
Unregistered
mayzon
Unregistered
M



If your not tracking it mate then saved the few quid and get they greys. You Could still use the greys on the track if you'd want too!

I'm running the yellows (RS-19) and never had a problem with them on the road, think the R29's don't work as well from cold thats all!

Re: Im confused with all the Pagid numbers.... [Re: technics] #1334271
13/04/2012 10:36
13/04/2012 10:36
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline OP
I need some sleep
technics  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
Yes thats the thing I still want good cold temp operation.

As for the grey, I don't think they last very long but at the minute that's still my first choice, but even then I think they have 2 maybe 3 different compounds for the grey, this is where all the numbers come into it and I start getting abit lost as to which one I need or suit best.


Now in the 400+ bhp club!
Re: Im confused with all the Pagid numbers.... [Re: technics] #1334282
13/04/2012 11:02
13/04/2012 11:02
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Nigel Offline
Forum veteran
Nigel  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Explanation of Pagid pad types and characteristics

This has always been a 'sticky' at the top of the Handling section

Re: Im confused with all the Pagid numbers.... [Re: technics] #1334418
13/04/2012 22:52
13/04/2012 22:52
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline OP
I need some sleep
technics  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
Ok, thanks slowly getting there.

Its now between the Grey R-15 ans the Yellow R-19. Anybody on here had experience with both?

Thanks...


Now in the 400+ bhp club!
Re: Im confused with all the Pagid numbers.... [Re: technics] #1334432
14/04/2012 00:37
14/04/2012 00:37
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline OP
I need some sleep
technics  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
In fact the R29 seem to be a revised upped version of the R19......


Now in the 400+ bhp club!
Re: Im confused with all the Pagid numbers.... [Re: technics] #1334618
14/04/2012 21:30
14/04/2012 21:30
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Nigel Offline
Forum veteran
Nigel  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
RS29 is what I've been running for the last 5+ years. Grey is probably marginally better, but is less durable.

RS29s can be a bit "wooden" from cold, but they still have some bite. However, when they're up to temperature, they are very good.

Re: Im confused with all the Pagid numbers.... [Re: technics] #1334724
15/04/2012 01:22
15/04/2012 01:22
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline OP
I need some sleep
technics  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
Thanks for the help/info.


Now in the 400+ bhp club!
Re: Im confused with all the Pagid numbers.... [Re: technics] #1334810
15/04/2012 12:13
15/04/2012 12:13

J
jonone
Unregistered
jonone
Unregistered
J



i have never had a problem from cold with my RS29, they work perfectly fine at low speeds when stone cold.

Something worth doing is grinding the metal edges so they slide in and out freely as mine are now very hard to get out and can almost act like the pad sticking on. ( at donnington I turned my callipers gold and my discs a red oxide colour )this is also due to the callipers not having enough cooling, Decent fluid and some kind of cooling should be on the list too.

If you want all out braking go for the greys, if you want a good all rounder go for the yellows.

I would however be tempted to try the carbotechs as they are slightly cheaper.


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.6308 MB (Peak: 0.7227 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:21:31 UTC