Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (TwelveTeaVan), 1,148 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,143
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What do people make of these clutches? #1338784
29/04/2012 18:19
29/04/2012 18:19
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline OP
I need some sleep
technics  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan


Now in the 400+ bhp club!
Re: What do people make of these clutches? [Re: technics] #1338867
29/04/2012 22:24
29/04/2012 22:24
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Think you need to narrow it down a bit to get a decent response. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!



Coopless!
Re: What do people make of these clutches? [Re: technics] #1338872
29/04/2012 22:34
29/04/2012 22:34
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline OP
I need some sleep
technics  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
Well it would be for a high power application. Possibly around 400torques/500bhp.

Never heard of Competition clutches and Black Diamond.

I know Helix is up there and ive looked at that breifly, but just weighing up all the options.

Thanks.


Now in the 400+ bhp club!
Re: What do people make of these clutches? [Re: technics] #1338902
30/04/2012 07:32
30/04/2012 07:32
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
Taffy20vt Offline
My life on the forum
Taffy20vt  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
I'd use something tried and tested with that amount of power.


Ex 432bhp evil

'00 Sprinty 20vt6
'17 S3 Sportback
'69 Amazon 131
Re: What do people make of these clutches? [Re: Taffy20vt] #1338907
30/04/2012 08:58
30/04/2012 08:58

T
tim42
Unregistered
tim42
Unregistered
T



Ask one of the guys running big power what they would recommend (Barbz, JBT, etc.). Helix is top of the range, but not cheap!

Re: What do people make of these clutches? [Re: technics] #1338917
30/04/2012 09:44
30/04/2012 09:44
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Nigel Offline
Forum veteran
Nigel  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Most of those clutches are only rated to about 40% increase over standard. There's only one that'll take "big" power and that's the paddle clucth (with remarkably little wear potential before the rivets make contact with the flywheel)

Impossible to pass any kind of comment without prices.

Re: What do people make of these clutches? [Re: technics] #1338922
30/04/2012 09:54
30/04/2012 09:54

H
h2ypr
Unregistered
h2ypr
Unregistered
H



Black diamond are better known for brake discs.

I'd get whatever Barbz recommends mate. It's an expensive job without having to rip it all out again to redo it.

Ross

Re: What do people make of these clutches? [Re: ] #1338923
30/04/2012 09:56
30/04/2012 09:56

J
jonone
Unregistered
jonone
Unregistered
J



Originally Posted by h2ypr
Black diamond are better known for brake discs.

I'd get whatever Barbz recommends mate. It's an expensive job without having to rip it all out again to redo it.

Ross

+1
I was gonna post has barbz not got an option?

Re: What do people make of these clutches? [Re: technics] #1338925
30/04/2012 09:58
30/04/2012 09:58
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Helix or what JBT uses. Just get one of them and be done with it smile


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: What do people make of these clutches? [Re: ] #1338975
30/04/2012 13:59
30/04/2012 13:59

B
Biggenz
Unregistered
Biggenz
Unregistered
B



Originally Posted by h2ypr
I'd get whatever Barbz recommends mate. It's an expensive job without having to rip it all out again to redo it.


He knows this already, but you know what it's like... laugh

Re: What do people make of these clutches? [Re: technics] #1339008
30/04/2012 15:50
30/04/2012 15:50
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline OP
I need some sleep
technics  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
Yeah exactly, when you have some time on your hands you start googling things and doing some homework.


Now in the 400+ bhp club!

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.022s Queries: 14 (0.012s) Memory: 0.6356 MB (Peak: 0.7195 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 20:45:23 UTC