|
|
|
0 registered members (),
1,089
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
New wheel bolts.
#1338785
29/04/2012 18:26
29/04/2012 18:26
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486 London Tan
technics
OP
I need some sleep
|
OP
I need some sleep
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
|
I think I would like to refresh all my wheel bolts as I have heard of a few stories where some peoples wheels have come off. I dont know what mine are at the minute, or if they are even just standard.
Im not sure if it makes a difference but I have 18" Azev C, 8.5 j and I think the ET MIGHT be 30.
Any advice, tips or even direct links would be great!
Thanks.
Now in the 400+ bhp club!
|
|
|
Re: New wheel bolts.
[Re: szkom]
#1338940
30/04/2012 11:18
30/04/2012 11:18
|
duncan146
Unregistered
|
duncan146
Unregistered
|
As long as you torque them correctly I would have thought they would be fine. I've swapped my to studs and nuts.
|
|
|
Re: New wheel bolts.
[Re: technics]
#1338948
30/04/2012 12:00
30/04/2012 12:00
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572 Northampton England
Sedicivalvole
Forum is my life
|
Forum is my life
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
|
Its funny this comes up, there was an issue at SPA with this. Though I think it was the threads being pulled from the bolts.
Vinci Grey LE Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6 BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8 Fiat Tipo Sedicivalvole 2.0 16v ABS
|
|
|
Re: New wheel bolts.
[Re: technics]
#1338951
30/04/2012 12:13
30/04/2012 12:13
|
Duffy
Unregistered
|
Duffy
Unregistered
|
The problem with aftermarket bolts and standard wheels is the seat taper is often wrong, this leads to little contact between bolt and wheel which causes them to work loose.
Since you've got aftermarket wheels I'm not sure if this is relevant or not. It's easy to measure a bolt and see if you can match it via a decent tuning site or fleabay (the listings often have a picture with dimensions/angles attached.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|