|
1 registered members (Edinburgh),
1,160
guests, and 3
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
The end is nigh..
#1346968
28/05/2012 16:38
28/05/2012 16:38
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083 Chertsey in the Thames
bockers
OP
Hon Club Member 007
|
OP
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
|
Just sorned my coupe and fear this is the beginning of the end of my 8 years of coupe ownership  Just bought a 1999 Ford Fiesta that is immaculate and cost just £300 so decided to SORN the coupe as the tax is due to run out end of the month as it needs some serious spending. Clutch needs replacing and cambelt has done well over 100k miles so is more than overdue. Then there is the manifold that has been cracked since I bought the car and the fact that it has the dreaded Scottie paint peel going on. In the last year my priorities have changed and I just cannot justify the expense to get this car looking smart again. For the moment I will keep it covered and consider my options. I may find a boring hatch to be unbearable, or use it to bide my time until I have some cash again. I have given myself a year to sort the car, so it will either be ready for next years Brooklands meet or will be gone Tis a sad day.
|
|
|
Re: The end is nigh..
[Re: bockers]
#1346972
28/05/2012 16:50
28/05/2012 16:50
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Sat times Bockers, but as you say your priorities have changed.
The last time I drove my coupe was on 26th November - 6 months ago! and I'm finding it hard to remember what it was like. She's is 90% in pieces and looking very sorry for herself but it will be very sad to see her go.
|
|
|
Re: The end is nigh..
[Re: bockers]
#1346978
28/05/2012 16:59
28/05/2012 16:59
|
DanielTheManual
Unregistered
|
DanielTheManual
Unregistered
|
It's just a car bockers! You had 8 glorious years with her, so look back on those with rose-tinted specs. Nothing is forever.
|
|
|
Re: The end is nigh..
[Re: Gunzi]
#1347001
28/05/2012 17:41
28/05/2012 17:41
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
if you want your paintwork to look like it's been put on with a roller then I'm your man I wish someone had offered me this 
|
|
|
Re: The end is nigh..
[Re: bockers]
#1347025
28/05/2012 18:52
28/05/2012 18:52
|
nismo
Unregistered
|
nismo
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: The end is nigh..
[Re: ]
#1347337
30/05/2012 08:46
30/05/2012 08:46
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581 London
MrCooper
I need some sleep
|
I need some sleep
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581
London
|
It's just a car bockers! You had 8 glorious years with her, so look back on those with rose-tinted specs. Nothing is forever. +1
Ex Grigio Moon 20VT Plus Ex 350Z Now Aston Martin Vantage
|
|
|
Re: The end is nigh..
[Re: szkom]
#1347353
30/05/2012 10:43
30/05/2012 10:43
|
MickeyBravo20v
Unregistered
|
MickeyBravo20v
Unregistered
|
Break it down into little jobs and get cracking. You'd be surprised at the cost you can do things for if you're not in a rush. yeah +1 on that 
|
|
|
Re: The end is nigh..
[Re: bockers]
#1347356
30/05/2012 11:29
30/05/2012 11:29
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,525 Nuneaton, Warwickshire
JLow75
My life on the forum
|
My life on the forum
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,525
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
|
Mine sat for 9 months whilst I weighed everything up, then I broke it & made more money from the break that I would have got fully working on-the-road, taxed & MOT'd  but.. It enabled me to buy a replacement Coupe straight away  I can't really justify it either - I'm supposed to be doing my house up - that I've been in now for 2.5 years & have only done one room  oh well.. 
|
|
|
Re: The end is nigh..
[Re: bockers]
#1347366
30/05/2012 12:49
30/05/2012 12:49
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572 Northampton England
Sedicivalvole
Forum is my life
|
Forum is my life
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
|
Sort it out John.
Its a long way for me to get round to your place to give you a clip round the ear.
Vinci Grey LE Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6 BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8 Fiat Tipo Sedicivalvole 2.0 16v ABS
|
|
|
Re: The end is nigh..
[Re: bockers]
#1347460
30/05/2012 18:06
30/05/2012 18:06
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,921 Lightwater, Surrey
DaveG
Club Treasurer Member 311
|
Club Treasurer Member 311
Je suis un Coupé
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,921
Lightwater, Surrey
|
We don't want to have to change your forum name to bonkers now do we?
1996 Portofino 20vt & 2000 Pearl White Plus 2008 Ferrari F430 & 2017 Fiat 124 Spider
|
|
|
Re: The end is nigh..
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1347464
30/05/2012 18:29
30/05/2012 18:29
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799 In the coupe.
magooagain
Club member 259
|
Club member 259
Forum is my life
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
|
Mine needs a manifold, belts and it's leaking oil/coolant. There's a grand already  But I can't sell it. Don't be silly Bockers! What !!! I thought you bought the mintest of mint Matt ?
|
|
|
Re: The end is nigh..
[Re: bockers]
#1347613
31/05/2012 10:07
31/05/2012 10:07
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581 London
MrCooper
I need some sleep
|
I need some sleep
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581
London
|
Give me a break here matt. That is a plus manifold and as far as I know they are not prone to breaking. It had nothing wrong with it when I owned it as far as I was aware so perhaps it just needs tightening. I can say with total certainty that it was not leaking coolant when I owned it. As for oil I never had any dripping or material oil loss either. It looses a bit around the filter that dries around that area but its minor can be blasted off at service time and is no more than most coupe loose from that area. Its not enough to call a leak.
I was totally open about it being four years since the belts were done.
Ex Grigio Moon 20VT Plus Ex 350Z Now Aston Martin Vantage
|
|
|
Re: The end is nigh..
[Re: bockers]
#1347703
31/05/2012 14:43
31/05/2012 14:43
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581 London
MrCooper
I need some sleep
|
I need some sleep
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581
London
|
OK, fair enough and sorry for going off on one at you, it isnt justified reading the thread again.
When you effectively said "I thought I'd bought a nice car as well" I took that as implying that perhaps it was not so nice as it had been made out (i.e. by me to you at the point of sale).
That's probably me just reading in something that's not there and reading the thread over again I see that's probably the case - you don't explicitly say anything about me. However, its open forum where (I hope) people, even those who don't like me, recognise that I play a straight bat at all times. I therefore wanted to have my £0.02 worth.
If you like, PM me about the oil leak and coolant loss.
Steve
Ex Grigio Moon 20VT Plus Ex 350Z Now Aston Martin Vantage
|
|
|
|