Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,286 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gutted #1362222
22/07/2012 23:57
22/07/2012 23:57
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
W
Welformed Offline OP
Forum is my life
Welformed  Offline OP
Forum is my life
W

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
Hi all. A blast from the past that is me.

Just been posting about looking for a bonnet because my dad managed to reverse into my coop after his phat 4x4 reversing sensors couldn't detect a more special car than itself sat squarely behind it. frown My dad has become the very road user I hate. A typical inconsiderate careless 4x4 owner that relies on "driver aids" and cleans flies off his bumper by mashing children's entrails up against it into a corrosive paste... and I knew he would as soon as he bought that boring Bland drover.

Just been saying to Nigel how ironic it is to have had all the fun I've had in this car over 10 years and 50K miles (45K of which in some modded state or other), never having a scratch or a dink or any kind, and then it gets damaged at 0mph.

So embarrassing to drive from my parents to mine in a car that looks like I'm some chav who just stole it. It's gone from a car that I'd go out of my way to attract attention to myself, into something I just want to hide away in. frown


A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
Re: Gutted [Re: Welformed] #1362224
23/07/2012 00:12
23/07/2012 00:12

J
JKD
Unregistered
JKD
Unregistered
J



Sorry to hear about this Welformed. frown

How bad is the damage? confused

Re: Gutted [Re: ] #1362227
23/07/2012 00:25
23/07/2012 00:25
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
I'm sorry to hear about this too Welformed, but surely your Dad has apologised and will see the Coupe is fixed?

I hope you get it sorted soon and that the damage isn't too bad frown

On a lighter note, I thought you went so fast up front, that no one has chance to see the front end anyway wink

Re: Gutted [Re: Welformed] #1362420
23/07/2012 22:53
23/07/2012 22:53
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 792
Stafford
sandytim Offline
Enjoying the ride
sandytim  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 792
Stafford
Ohps Thats bad luck.

Why have you been so quiet for so long ?
I thought you must have sold up.

Now get it mended. thumb


[Linked Image]
Re: Gutted [Re: sandytim] #1362430
23/07/2012 23:14
23/07/2012 23:14
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
Originally Posted by sandytim
Ohps Thats bad luck.

Why have you been so quiet for so long ?
I thought you must have sold been locked up.

Now get it mended. thumb



Far more accurate wink


[Linked Image]
Re: Gutted [Re: Welformed] #1362447
23/07/2012 23:41
23/07/2012 23:41
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,071
Southsea
G
Gunzi Offline
Club member 189, Former Club President
Gunzi  Offline
Club member 189, Former Club President
Je suis un Coupé
G

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,071
Southsea
Hard luck there Welformed, so time for a GRP for extra lightness?

Re: Gutted [Re: Welformed] #1362912
26/07/2012 11:48
26/07/2012 11:48
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
W
Welformed Offline OP
Forum is my life
Welformed  Offline OP
Forum is my life
W

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
GRP? Nope. Been trying to think what that stands for. New fccuk terminology? Has that plastic panels idea I had years ago come to fruition? If someone has got a dealer to fabricate in a group buy I'd like to know!

I've just not had a reason to be on here really. Too busy to post and not having any Coop issues. Still been driving the same way ( wink ), still been getting away with it ( wink ), still upsetting people with fat wallets smile , still living longer than some biker acquaintences. frown

The F430 guy the other week really wasn't happy, but it did help me pull a car-loving lady. laugh


A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
Re: Gutted [Re: Welformed] #1362932
26/07/2012 12:44
26/07/2012 12:44
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 22,311
Aldershot
PeteP Offline
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
PeteP  Offline
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 22,311
Aldershot
GRP, Glass reinforced plastic. fibreglass.

Plastic panels. Mariuscz in Poland makes them and is on the forum.


16VT and X1/9 1500 + e208 Peugeot

We must all do our part for the planet.
I unplugged a row of electric cars that nobody was using.
I even unplugged my own.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.019s Queries: 14 (0.012s) Memory: 0.6274 MB (Peak: 0.7160 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:27:27 UTC