I don't believe it. We've been waiting for weather like this for ages and now it's finally here, I'm regretting parking my car in the sun instead of the shade.
Fun sun all day, looking absolutly fantastic after my monthly spit and polish session yesterday.
So whats all the fuss about I hear you say, well, got in the car after work to go home, started the engine, pulled away, turned a corner and heard some metal hit the tarmac. Looked in my wing mirror and saw a small shiny metallic object bouncing along behind me. I pulled in about 20 yards up the road to investigate. Walked back to the spot only to see my chrome locking wheel nut cover going under the wheels of my bosses BMW X5. Not much of a loss compaired to the misfortunes of some people on here, but I did hold a minute's silence for the now very flat piece of alloy.
Got back in the car to carry on home. Got to the bottom of the next road, turned the corner and guess what? yes I heard another small metallic sound and yes it was the other one on the other side. Can you believe it.
Anyway that one was saved from certain death by a young lad on a bike. I would love to know if this has happened to any one else.
This is a warning to not show off your car in the beautiful (HOT) sunshine all day, unless your chrome locking nut covers are on tight.