Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (phil16vturbo), 1,057 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Can I use Squadra chip from Alfa 155Q4 on my 16vt? #1365446
06/08/2012 01:11
06/08/2012 01:11

D
digitalundgrd
Unregistered
digitalundgrd
Unregistered
D



Hi all,

A friend of mine is selling his Squadra Tuning performance chip for Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 (2.0 16vt). Can I use it on my Fiat Coupe 2.0 16vt or it is different?

Re: Can I use Squadra chip from Alfa 155Q4 on my 16vt? [Re: ] #1365520
06/08/2012 12:08
06/08/2012 12:08
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,580
Melbourne, Australia
Scuderia Offline
My life on the forum
Scuderia  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,580
Melbourne, Australia
The ecu and engine is the same but the Coupe has I think 5 different chips just for the immobiliser.

Re: Can I use Squadra chip from Alfa 155Q4 on my 16vt? [Re: ] #1365521
06/08/2012 12:15
06/08/2012 12:15
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,897
New Zealand
Saint Offline
My life on the forum
Saint  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,897
New Zealand
Its hard to say which the ECU number it has but I doubt it

A 16vt coupe and a 155 Q4 and the ecu's controller chips are different, I forget the ecu numbers but the coupe is something like 94.05 and the Q4 is 100.04 or similar, if you get the numbers off both chips you should be able to figure it out

As Scuderia says the 16vt has both Immobilser and non immboliser version of 94.04 and 94.05 chips plus another version from memory (93??)

I have Dink chips for both coupe and alfa and he mentioned they were different, how much i dont know



Re: Can I use Squadra chip from Alfa 155Q4 on my 16vt? [Re: ] #1365552
06/08/2012 14:35
06/08/2012 14:35
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,728
London
kj16v Offline
My life on the forum
kj16v  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,728
London
I've run (but not actually driven) all the Q4 and 16VT bins (bins = data on the chips) on my 16VT with immobiliser. They all run the engine, but they cause the engine check light to show.

IIRC, the Q4 doesn't have an O2 sensor, but a pot to manually adjust for CO levels. The Coupe, of course, does have an O2 sensor.

Re: Can I use Squadra chip from Alfa 155Q4 on my 16vt? [Re: ] #1365771
07/08/2012 02:28
07/08/2012 02:28
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,580
Melbourne, Australia
Scuderia Offline
My life on the forum
Scuderia  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,580
Melbourne, Australia
I would say if that were true it would only be for the earlier ones, pre 1994 in markets that did not require a Cat. In NZ all my Fiat and Lancias pre 1994 were like this. By 1994 everything had a cat even though it was not required by law and we didn't even have min 95 RON unleaded! You had the choice of 91 unleaded or 96 leaded! The filler necks were removed on some cars so owners could run leaded fuel. Better than 91 IMO. My Coupe still has the filler neck in it, yours too Saint? These would have most likley been run on 91 RON unleaded for the first year(s) of their lives.






Last edited by Scuderia; 07/08/2012 02:29.
Re: Can I use Squadra chip from Alfa 155Q4 on my 16vt? [Re: ] #1365795
07/08/2012 09:40
07/08/2012 09:40
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,897
New Zealand
Saint Offline
My life on the forum
Saint  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,897
New Zealand
I have both cars, both running the o2 probe and P8 ECU and do not have have a "pot".

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

The coupe chip may run the Q4, I have never tried it, I would suspect dash ECU errors but KJ would be able to advise.

Dink provides (different) chips for both so I have one of each - the Q4 chip number 101.04

If anyone knows if the Q4 ecu is "better" or worse than the coupe ECU I would be interested


Re: Can I use Squadra chip from Alfa 155Q4 on my 16vt? [Re: ] #1365986
08/08/2012 06:04
08/08/2012 06:04
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,580
Melbourne, Australia
Scuderia Offline
My life on the forum
Scuderia  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,580
Melbourne, Australia
Very unlikley it will be any better.


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.013s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.6233 MB (Peak: 0.6917 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 21:12:54 UTC