» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RichG), 187 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,576
Posts1,340,880
Members1,797
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,545
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,299
PeteP 21,510
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,740
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
LE 0018 Project. #1410735
13/02/2013 16:23
13/02/2013 16:23

P
porkypaul
Unregistered
porkypaul
Unregistered
P

I've owned LE 0018 for over 3 and half years now, wasn't in the best condition when I brought it. Bad respray where it had been keyed, cambelt was well over due and the turbo was smoking also the suspension was far from good.

The problem I had was I brought it 3 weeks before Spa 2010 so needed too get a shift on with the most important jobs. Cambelt, aux belts and water pump fitted by Paul at Motormech at sort very short notice ( Thanks Paul ).

New Monroe shocks fitted all round with some Apex lowering springs, Ferrodo DS2500 pads fitted front and rear with new discs. ( Huge thanks to Don Law Racing)

I fitted new front wishbones and drop links and had a full set of Toyo T1R's fitted.

Then off too Spa where it ran faultless.

I then wanted more power so hybrid stage 2 was ordered from JBT at MCS along with a Pro Alloy FMIC. While in was in with John I received the call " are you sitting down?" So after a A4 sheet of faults sorted (Cheers John) I took it for mapping with Flea where again it had a few niggles but thanks too Flea and JBT they were sorted, got the there some good and bad news from Flea. Cars pulls well easy 300bhp car but the clutch slips in 4th and 5th laugh

So new 6 paddle clutch ordered from JBT, while waiting for this on the way home from work one day I heard the very faint sound of the death rattle. Recovered the car to John where it was confirmed the bottom end was letting go. But I caught it just in time before any serious crank damage was caused. John fitted new shells and polished the crank with the "it could last 6 minutes or 6 months keep a eye out for a replacement engine". That was 3 years ago.

After spending quite a lot of money on it already I wanted the car too be perfect for Spa 2012 so on with Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs, Apexi boost controller as the standard ebv was playing up, Toyo R888's for the track, yellow stuff front pads, omp front discs etc it was almost ready but then a couple of weeks before I noticed smoke on lift off. Spoke too JBT who said it'll be fine it's probably the turbo it's under warranty we'll get it checked out when we get back.
After a fantastic weekend at Spa with some good duels with McMike, Proccy etc. John gave me the bad news "it ain't turbo mate that's your engine". Oh cock.

After chatting with Barbz I knew what I wanted. Barbz built standard engine with a stage 2 head.

So after saving my money the engine was ordered booked in with JBT too fit it and finally today I've picked it up.

First impressions bearing in mind the car still needs too be run in, is how much more off boost torque it has, better on fuel and the thing just wants too go I'm really having too hold back with it as at 2,000 revs it's coming on boost. So I'll update more on this after its ran in and mapped.

So a huge thanks too

JBT at MCS
Barbz at TorqueItalia
Paul at Motormech
Don and Justin at Don Law Racing.
And of course the mrs.

Still on the list too be done, full respray, Gaz coilovers too be fitted, and the drivers seat retrimmed.

Pics too follow. Thanks for reading.

Re: LE 0018 Project. [Re: ] #1412076
20/02/2013 19:59
20/02/2013 19:59

P
porkypaul
Unregistered
porkypaul
Unregistered
P

Spec list so far;

TorqueItalia block,
TorqueItalia Stage 2 head,
Pro Alloy FMIC,
Pro Alloy SIP,
HKS dump valve,
Apexi Boost Controller,
Apexi Air Filter.

Re: LE 0018 Project. [Re: ] #1414083
03/03/2013 22:30
03/03/2013 22:30

P
porkypaul
Unregistered
porkypaul
Unregistered
P

Update.

So it's done 524 on a tank of fuel.

Well impressed I know that's running it in and keeping it off boost. But well happy with it.

Re: LE 0018 Project. [Re: ] #1416885
20/03/2013 09:24
20/03/2013 09:24

P
porkypaul
Unregistered
porkypaul
Unregistered
P

So turbo has been chosen. It's now running a GT28RS. Just need to get it mapped now.

It has done 487 miles on the last tank of fuel so well impressed. Don't think it'll be doing them figures once its been mapped laugh