We all see those unique cars we can either admire, smile at or mock which is or was a project someone has started and did not realise that they passed the finish line months or years ago.

I was chatting to a guy at a local car meet for VW owners this morning who just enjoys playing around with his own ideas and projects but didn't really want to make his skills a full time job.
He brought his VW camper that looked slightly wacky but when I looked past the usual silliness we all fall for at some point in our lives I could see some really good engineering (excellent if you consider he'd done the whole project on his drive outdoors).
Looking at his motor (which isn't really my kind of thing) you would be drawn towards the Porsche wheels, the T roof, V6 engine and the ground clearance you find on an F1 motor.
But looking past all the obvious stuff he had kept the chassis the same but removed and lowered the entire body of the van rather than lowering the car.
Another point worth mentioning was the detachable windscreen! It wasn't just clipped in, it was hinged like a convertible or in this case like a bikers helmet visor and could be removed completely!
I could ramble on about it and if I remember to get some photos I'll put them on here, just think its funny what can put a smile on your face when we have a good gander at these shows.

Last edited by pegasus; 14/04/2013 21:46.