Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,286 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Black or Silver grill? #1421977
14/04/2013 17:23
14/04/2013 17:23
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 250
Stockton on Tees
aleem Offline OP
Making a profit
aleem  Offline OP
Making a profit

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 250
Stockton on Tees
Took the black grill off to give it a clean and then remembered I had a new silver grill in the garage.

Not sure which to keep on?

Both grills

Silver grill on car

Re: Black or Silver grill? [Re: aleem] #1421979
14/04/2013 17:35
14/04/2013 17:35

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



I like the silver grille thumb

Re: Black or Silver grill? [Re: aleem] #1421981
14/04/2013 17:50
14/04/2013 17:50
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 250
Stockton on Tees
aleem Offline OP
Making a profit
aleem  Offline OP
Making a profit

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 250
Stockton on Tees
That's what I was thinking too. Silver grill it is then wink

Re: Black or Silver grill? [Re: aleem] #1421986
14/04/2013 18:55
14/04/2013 18:55
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,168
London
E
EDz Offline
Competition Level
EDz  Offline
Competition Level
E

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,168
London
Silver Grill - and how lucky to have 2 plus grills smile



e46 M3 330D Sport
Re: Black or Silver grill? [Re: aleem] #1421989
14/04/2013 19:04
14/04/2013 19:04
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,167
Glos
Brilly1uk Offline
Club member 1034
Brilly1uk  Offline
Club member 1034
Competition Level

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,167
Glos
Yes, I think you should sell the spare! laugh
The silver looks good btw


Fiat Coupe 20VT
Alfa Romeo Spider
BMW X3
Re: Black or Silver grill? [Re: aleem] #1421990
14/04/2013 19:04
14/04/2013 19:04
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 250
Stockton on Tees
aleem Offline OP
Making a profit
aleem  Offline OP
Making a profit

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 250
Stockton on Tees
The silver one was stashed in the garage years ago, bought from Fiat but never fitted at the time.

IIRC the silver one was for a 1.8 SE coupe that was not sold in the UK.

Brilly, I think I had better keep hold of the black one just in case I need to put the car back to standard wink

Last edited by aleem; 14/04/2013 19:07.
Re: Black or Silver grill? [Re: aleem] #1421997
14/04/2013 19:30
14/04/2013 19:30

T
tim42
Unregistered
tim42
Unregistered
T



The silver one looks nice on the red Coupe. I think it would like nice on any dark coloured beastie, including Scottie, Ink, etc., but I think a black one would look best on a Moon, Sprint, Broom.....

Everyone to their own though thumb

Re: Black or Silver grill? [Re: aleem] #1422081
15/04/2013 00:07
15/04/2013 00:07

I
iwantcandy
Unregistered
iwantcandy
Unregistered
I



got cash waiting on the black one?
cheers mitch

Re: Black or Silver grill? [Re: aleem] #1422214
15/04/2013 21:02
15/04/2013 21:02
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,167
Glos
Brilly1uk Offline
Club member 1034
Brilly1uk  Offline
Club member 1034
Competition Level

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,167
Glos
Your canny aleem! wink


Fiat Coupe 20VT
Alfa Romeo Spider
BMW X3
Re: Black or Silver grill? [Re: ] #1422256
15/04/2013 23:18
15/04/2013 23:18
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 250
Stockton on Tees
aleem Offline OP
Making a profit
aleem  Offline OP
Making a profit

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 250
Stockton on Tees
Originally Posted by iwantcandy
got cash waiting on the black one?
cheers mitch


Thanks for the offer Mitch, but I want to keep it so I can put it back to standard if I need to.

Re: Black or Silver grill? [Re: aleem] #1422263
15/04/2013 23:36
15/04/2013 23:36
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 514
Ireland/Bulgaria
Markiz Offline
Enjoying the ride
Markiz  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 514
Ireland/Bulgaria
Originally Posted by aleem
Originally Posted by iwantcandy
got cash waiting on the black one?
cheers mitch


Thanks for the offer Mitch, but I want to keep it so I can put it back to standard if I need to.


Mr. aleem do you realize what you are doing to us?

I don`t know about the rest but this is how i feel after reading this :

click to enlarge

Mouthwatering cookies on the table and WE CAN`T TOUCH THEMMMMM!!! laugh laugh


[Linked Image]
Re: Black or Silver grill? [Re: aleem] #1422269
16/04/2013 00:20
16/04/2013 00:20
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 250
Stockton on Tees
aleem Offline OP
Making a profit
aleem  Offline OP
Making a profit

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 250
Stockton on Tees
biglaugh

mmmmmmmm cooookies!!!!!

I don't know what the fuss is about with these plus grills to be honest. A pain in the back-side to clean they are, and probably more common now than an original 20VT slatted grill!

Does that make you feel better now Mr Markiz??? yes

Re: Black or Silver grill? [Re: aleem] #1422292
16/04/2013 08:01
16/04/2013 08:01

P
pegasus
Unregistered
pegasus
Unregistered
P



Does anyone know all the names and styles of the original grilles. Because I'm new to coupe's I only know of

1. Honeycombe
2. Plus
3. Slatted

Last edited by pegasus; 16/04/2013 08:05.
Re: Black or Silver grill? [Re: ] #1422295
16/04/2013 08:21
16/04/2013 08:21

R
RICHB
Unregistered
RICHB
Unregistered
R



Originally Posted by pegasus
Does anyone know all the names and styles of the original grilles. Because I'm new to coupe's I only know of

1. Honeycombe
2. Plus
3. Slatted


There are just 2 I believe -

1. Plus or honeycombe grill, same thing (black, spayed silver for the 1.8 SE coupe not sold in the UK)

2: slatted type ( black, sprayed titanium for the LE )

the early 16v may have had a different design...not too sure.

Last edited by RICHB; 16/04/2013 08:23.
Re: Black or Silver grill? [Re: ] #1422299
16/04/2013 08:33
16/04/2013 08:33

P
pegasus
Unregistered
pegasus
Unregistered
P



Thanks, got to admit I was thinking why I couldn't tell difference reading honeycomb and plus grille threads confused

Re: Black or Silver grill? [Re: ] #1422300
16/04/2013 08:36
16/04/2013 08:36

R
RICHB
Unregistered
RICHB
Unregistered
R



Originally Posted by pegasus
Thanks, got to admit I was thinking why I couldn't tell difference reading honeycomb and plus grille threads confused


cool

Re: Black or Silver grill? [Re: aleem] #1422317
16/04/2013 11:33
16/04/2013 11:33
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 514
Ireland/Bulgaria
Markiz Offline
Enjoying the ride
Markiz  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 514
Ireland/Bulgaria
Originally Posted by aleem
biglaugh

mmmmmmmm cooookies!!!!!

I don't know what the fuss is about with these plus grills to be honest. A pain in the back-side to clean they are, and probably more common now than an original 20VT slatted grill!

Does that make you feel better now Mr Markiz??? yes


Actually it does make me feel a bit better! smile Good man. thumb


[Linked Image]
Re: Black or Silver grill? [Re: aleem] #1422339
16/04/2013 14:18
16/04/2013 14:18
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
charlie_croker Offline
I need some sleep
charlie_croker  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
While not technically a standard Grille, I believe the Zender type Grille was an option


Happy
Re: Black or Silver grill? [Re: aleem] #1422361
16/04/2013 16:30
16/04/2013 16:30
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
So there are:-
16v Black ross hatch
20V Black standard slatted
20V LE Silver Slated
20VT6 and Plus Black Honeycomb
1,8 Special edition Silver Honeycomb

Then Fiat official Zender body kit one.


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.018s Queries: 14 (0.011s) Memory: 0.6738 MB (Peak: 0.8162 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:54:16 UTC