Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Edinburgh), 1,160 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
rear wiper removal #1324248
11/03/2012 23:03
11/03/2012 23:03

S
st3_s
Unregistered
st3_s
Unregistered
S



looking at removing mine,does anyone know were to get the bung from,thanks ste.

Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1324293
12/03/2012 00:06
12/03/2012 00:06

S
st3_s
Unregistered
st3_s
Unregistered
S



got one..

Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1324348
12/03/2012 09:25
12/03/2012 09:25
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Where did you get one from?


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1325031
14/03/2012 14:34
14/03/2012 14:34
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 22,311
Aldershot
PeteP Offline
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
PeteP  Offline
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 22,311
Aldershot
Halfords round blanking plug intended for access holes in double skinned areas and double sided tape works fine.

It's been on mine for the last 9 months or so.

click to enlarge
click to enlarge


16VT and X1/9 1500 + e208 Peugeot

We must all do our part for the planet.
I unplugged a row of electric cars that nobody was using.
I even unplugged my own.
Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1420325
06/04/2013 15:33
06/04/2013 15:33

G
GrahamL
Unregistered
GrahamL
Unregistered
G



I couldn't find anything suitable in Halfords and after trying a few rubber grommets from ebay which didn't quite fit I settled on this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110829174786

Fits perfectly and is hard plastic so I think is a bit safer than a soft rubber grommet anyway.

The moulding on some of them isn't perfectly clean but with 10 to chose from it's easy enough to pick out a good one.

A little black silicon sealer smoothed around the edge before fitting and it seems fine, although I haven't tried washing over it yet

A few pics:

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Don't forgot to plug the end of the rear spray hose. wink

Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1420332
06/04/2013 15:49
06/04/2013 15:49
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,167
Glos
Brilly1uk Offline
Club member 1034
Brilly1uk  Offline
Club member 1034
Competition Level

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,167
Glos
My car had the wiper removed prior to my purchase.
I often think about putting it back!


Fiat Coupe 20VT
Alfa Romeo Spider
BMW X3
Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1420349
06/04/2013 17:36
06/04/2013 17:36
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
charlie_croker Offline
I need some sleep
charlie_croker  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
THanks GrahamL, I have planned this mod since seeing petep's car smile


Happy
Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1420520
07/04/2013 18:04
07/04/2013 18:04

G
GrahamL
Unregistered
GrahamL
Unregistered
G



Washed it today and no leaks from the plug so all is well. smile

Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1423644
23/04/2013 01:30
23/04/2013 01:30

G
GrahamL
Unregistered
GrahamL
Unregistered
G



Just to update this a bit, I found that the black silicon I used stuck to the glass of the rear screen perfectly but didn't adhere well to the hard plastic of the plug.

While I was checking it again for leaks (from the inside) I actually pushed the plug out a bit, so I decided to clean off the silicon and stick it permanently with glue.

I used Evo-stick "Serious Glue" as it's transparent, waterproof and suitable for glass and plastic.

http://www.bostik.co.uk/diy/product/evo-stik/Serious-Glue/16

Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1423649
23/04/2013 07:32
23/04/2013 07:32
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Nigel Offline
Forum veteran
Nigel  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
You could always do it properly and fit a rear screen without a wiper hole

I just happen to have one in stock.... wink

Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1423686
23/04/2013 13:30
23/04/2013 13:30
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 250
Stockton on Tees
aleem Offline
Making a profit
aleem  Offline
Making a profit

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 250
Stockton on Tees
Nigel, I have forgotten which coupe varient came without a rear wiper, can you remind us?

Thanks

Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1423926
24/04/2013 19:02
24/04/2013 19:02
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
charlie_croker Offline
I need some sleep
charlie_croker  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
BTW the cure for the Rear washer pipe can be solved with this pump
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Front-Windscreen-Washer-Pump-Coupe/dp/B003BUA3OO
It only has one outlet so washes front screen on push or pull of the stick smile


Happy
Re: rear wiper removal [Re: PeteP] #1423932
24/04/2013 19:21
24/04/2013 19:21

R
RICHB
Unregistered
RICHB
Unregistered
R



Originally Posted by petep
Halfords round blanking plug intended for access holes in double skinned areas and double sided tape works fine.

It's been on mine for the last 9 months or so.

click to enlarge
click to enlarge


Ohhhh, are we still able to get hold of the tailored parcel shelf covers ?

Looks nice petep cool

Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1424243
26/04/2013 11:01
26/04/2013 11:01
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
The parcel shelf covers used to be available from a German ebay seller. Not seen them for years now as I wanted one for my 20VT. Note that the 16VT ones won't fit the 20v as the 16vs did not have a high level rear brake light frown


Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1424341
26/04/2013 20:59
26/04/2013 20:59

T
tommyskins1
Unregistered
tommyskins1
Unregistered
T



I found this whilst browsing, looks the business but a little expensive-

http://www.gecleant.de/shop/glasstopfen-fuer-fiat.html

Last edited by tommyskins1; 26/04/2013 21:08. Reason: wrong manufacturer
Re: rear wiper removal [Re: aleem] #1424387
27/04/2013 12:38
27/04/2013 12:38

C
CJustino
Unregistered
CJustino
Unregistered
C



Originally Posted by aleem
Nigel, I have forgotten which coupe varient came without a rear wiper, can you remind us?

Thanks


Did Fiat sell a Coupe without the rear wiper?

Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1424388
27/04/2013 12:48
27/04/2013 12:48

G
GrahamL
Unregistered
GrahamL
Unregistered
G



Looking at Eper, it seems the rear wiper was an option on the 1.8 16v coupe so I assume it's from that.

Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1424418
27/04/2013 16:15
27/04/2013 16:15

C
CJustino
Unregistered
CJustino
Unregistered
C



Originally Posted by GrahamL
Looking at Eper, it seems the rear wiper was an option on the 1.8 16v coupe so I assume it's from that.

Interesting. I thought it was standard in all models.

Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1424428
27/04/2013 18:09
27/04/2013 18:09
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 250
Stockton on Tees
aleem Offline
Making a profit
aleem  Offline
Making a profit

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 250
Stockton on Tees
I knew there was one model that was available without a rear wiper. Does Eper give the part number of the rear screen without wiper hole?

Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1424491
28/04/2013 01:55
28/04/2013 01:55
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,921
Lightwater, Surrey
DaveG Offline
Club Treasurer Member 311
DaveG  Offline
Club Treasurer Member 311
Je suis un Coupé

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,921
Lightwater, Surrey
Yeah 16v 1.8 46306603


1996 Portofino 20vt & 2000 Pearl White Plus
2008 Ferrari F430 & 2017 Fiat 124 Spider
Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1425288
03/05/2013 00:23
03/05/2013 00:23

D
Deme
Unregistered
Deme
Unregistered
D



Originally Posted by GrahamL
I couldn't find anything suitable in Halfords and after trying a few rubber grommets from ebay which didn't quite fit I settled on this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110829174786

Fits perfectly and is hard plastic so I think is a bit safer than a soft rubber grommet anyway.

The moulding on some of them isn't perfectly clean but with 10 to chose from it's easy enough to pick out a good one.

A little black silicon sealer smoothed around the edge before fitting and it seems fine, although I haven't tried washing over it yet

A few pics:

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Don't forgot to plug the end of the rear spray hose. wink


Nice! I had trouble Finding a suitable grommet when I removed mine. I chopped the bottom off a 36mm grommet and siliconed it to the glass. Worked fine and looks great!

Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1425292
03/05/2013 00:34
03/05/2013 00:34

D
dlongstaff
Unregistered
dlongstaff
Unregistered
D



As this is in styling I guess that is the answer.
I don't understand this one mod.
I use my rear wiper when it rains so I can see clearly in my rear view mirror. And when the rear window is dusty/dirty then a quick squirt and wipe its clean again. And I can see traffic behind me.
Maybe you don't bother looking behind you.
Maybe I'll drive with a cataract in one eye to understand this one.
Or your wipers and or wash did not work?
Lazy

Last edited by dlongstaff; 03/05/2013 00:36. Reason: and rainx is no answer.
Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1425300
03/05/2013 01:15
03/05/2013 01:15

G
GrahamL
Unregistered
GrahamL
Unregistered
G



Simple, I'll only ever be driving it on dry days (yes, we do have them occasionally up here!) and the rear styling looks much better without the wiper.

Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1425301
03/05/2013 01:30
03/05/2013 01:30

L
Lego
Unregistered
Lego
Unregistered
L




nono
You are a very naughty boy Graham, removing your wiper wink biglaugh


Last edited by Lego; 03/05/2013 09:27.
Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1425313
03/05/2013 07:40
03/05/2013 07:40
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
charlie_croker Offline
I need some sleep
charlie_croker  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
Originally Posted by dlongstaff
As this is in styling I guess that is the answer.
I don't understand this one mod.
I use my rear wiper when it rains so I can see clearly in my rear view mirror. And when the rear window is dusty/dirty then a quick squirt and wipe its clean again. And I can see traffic behind me.
Maybe you don't bother looking behind you.
Maybe I'll drive with a cataract in one eye to understand this one.
Or your wipers and or wash did not work?
Lazy


RainX is an answer, it works great, rain drops beads across the screen and I have not found any problems at all. In fact I find that my rear screen is cleaner.
When my rear window is dirty or dusty, I clean it it with a microfibre cloth and a squeezy bottle of glass cleaner. That cleans the whole of the rear screen. (Not just the 55% that the wiper does.)

I wonder what you do with your side windows? They don't have wipers wink LOL

It seriously isn't a problem and but as an ex motorcyclist I tend to use my door mirrors a lot.


Happy
Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1425338
03/05/2013 10:45
03/05/2013 10:45

D
dlongstaff
Unregistered
dlongstaff
Unregistered
D



Side windows are vertical and don't gather dust or rain in the same way as the raked rear.
Fine if you only drive your car in the dry days and clean it every other.
I use rainx on the windscreen, it's not the equivalent to a physical wipe though.
Although it must be weight saving, about a bladders worth. judge
You stylists you..... woohoo coat

Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1425346
03/05/2013 11:30
03/05/2013 11:30

C
CJustino
Unregistered
CJustino
Unregistered
C



I too find that the rear wiper is useful, dlongstaff. I won't remove it! smile

In rainy days, I think it's hardly beat. I use Einszett Windscreen Clear and it works very good. Still, the rear wiper is practical enough for me not to sacrifice it. Styling wise, it doesn't really bother me.

But, hey, to each his own. wink

Last edited by CJustino; 03/05/2013 13:20.
Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1425516
03/05/2013 23:58
03/05/2013 23:58

D
Deme
Unregistered
Deme
Unregistered
D



I removed mine when I put my car on a diet. Anything superfluous had to go! Never used it as the car only leaves the garage on a nice day.

I also prefer the look without.

Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1426373
09/05/2013 02:25
09/05/2013 02:25

P
Per
Unregistered
Per
Unregistered
P



I too used mine especially reversing out of parkings in rain but eventually Styling got me over aswell. smile

Re: rear wiper removal [Re: ] #1426427
09/05/2013 14:07
09/05/2013 14:07

D
dlongstaff
Unregistered
dlongstaff
Unregistered
D



click to enlarge
Looks likes it's catching on! thumb

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 15 (0.008s) Memory: 0.7233 MB (Peak: 0.9419 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 21:34:36 UTC