Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (TwelveTeaVan), 1,148 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,143
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Poole - Dorset #1428052
19/05/2013 15:22
19/05/2013 15:22
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Nigel Offline OP
Forum veteran
Nigel  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
this is Coupe-related in the sense that it might save me doing 30,000 miles a year in my 20vt....

I'm looking at an Alfa GT diesel on Ebay - its in Poole, but I'd rather not buy blind if I can help it

Is there anyone local that I could bribe with a few beer tokens to have a quick look and listen?

Trouble is that its ending just before 8:00pm tomorrow, so it would have to be pretty quick.

Of course I'm happy to cover fuel costs and make it worth your while

Re: Poole - Dorset [Re: Nigel] #1428054
19/05/2013 15:31
19/05/2013 15:31
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Nigel Offline OP
Forum veteran
Nigel  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Ar$e

Forget it - it has already been sold.... frown

Re: Poole - Dorset [Re: Nigel] #1428055
19/05/2013 15:38
19/05/2013 15:38

R
RoyH
Unregistered
RoyH
Unregistered
R



Shame
I could have popped and seen it for you. And might have managed to drag Whittler along. I work down that way in the week.


Roy

Re: Poole - Dorset [Re: Nigel] #1428060
19/05/2013 16:58
19/05/2013 16:58
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Nigel Offline OP
Forum veteran
Nigel  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Rather make me wonder why he's left the auction running - somebody is going to be disappointed when they don't get the car they think they've just bought....

Re: Poole - Dorset [Re: Nigel] #1428063
19/05/2013 17:32
19/05/2013 17:32
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,192
Bristol, UK
H
Hovedan Offline
Forum is my life
Hovedan  Offline
Forum is my life
H

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,192
Bristol, UK
I see plenty of these Nigel - pm me with details if you'd like to find you one? smile

Re: Poole - Dorset [Re: Nigel] #1428065
19/05/2013 17:42
19/05/2013 17:42
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Nigel Offline OP
Forum veteran
Nigel  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Hi Dan

I have no problem with availability, its my requirements that are causing the problem.

I don't want to spend much - if I get a REALLY nice car, I won't want to drive the Coupe. I want a car that I don't mind being seen in, but that I wouldn't use as a first choice over the Coupe for a a pleasure drive.

I really fancied a Merc CLS, but I know I'd never drive the Coupe again if I had a car that nice.

So - I'm looking at the bottom end of the Alfa GT market - £2k - £3k. However, being the self-contradictory buyer that I am, I'd like the bigger wheels (16" look lost on a GT) and preferably leather interior too. I'd really like black or gunmetal grey with tan or red leather, but this is proving to be a tall order in my price range. I also like the red, with black leather.

Finally, whilst I'm not scared of high-ish miles, it would be nice to pick something up with under 100k miles

Re: Poole - Dorset [Re: Nigel] #1428108
19/05/2013 23:08
19/05/2013 23:08
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
magooagain Offline
Club member 259
magooagain  Offline
Club member 259
Forum is my life

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
This guy is a real gent. http://www.gilescooperautomotive.co.uk/

He is an old pal of nearly 25 years.

His stock is interesating



Re: Poole - Dorset [Re: Nigel] #1428187
20/05/2013 13:30
20/05/2013 13:30

S
spookly
Unregistered
spookly
Unregistered
S



Or do what I did and get a cheap lease... keeps the miles off the coupe.

I'm thinking of transferring my lease if you want to take it on :-)

Merc E220cdi Metallic black. Exec SE. All the options. 6 months old (62 plate)... yours for £296 a month.


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 14 (0.009s) Memory: 0.6248 MB (Peak: 0.6963 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 20:44:41 UTC