Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RichG), 905 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,143
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Window Seals #1431083
02/06/2013 18:12
02/06/2013 18:12
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
So, whilst I outside spraying one of the door handles up, I thought to myself, what would happen if I tried spraying the rear window seal with just some Halfords black gloss, since they were looking tired and faded. I grabbed some P1200 sand paper and started to sand the seal, results, well it looks better, so will be doing the rest at a later date.

Pictures aren't that clear, and only did part of it to see what the differences would be.

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Window Seals [Re: Begbie] #1431084
02/06/2013 18:14
02/06/2013 18:14
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
Looks good mate, now you've just got find a decent shell to put them in hehe


Re: Window Seals [Re: Begbie] #1431096
02/06/2013 19:18
02/06/2013 19:18

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



laugh

Re: Window Seals [Re: jame5] #1431099
02/06/2013 19:22
02/06/2013 19:22
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Originally Posted by jame5
Looks good mate, now you've just got find a decent shell to put them in hehe

Says Mr Rusty boot but can't see it yet wink


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Window Seals [Re: Begbie] #1431100
02/06/2013 19:31
02/06/2013 19:31

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



no rust in my boot laugh

Re: Window Seals [Re: Begbie] #1431126
02/06/2013 21:57
02/06/2013 21:57
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Offline
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Offline
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Originally Posted by Begbie
So, whilst I outside spraying one of the door handles up, I thought to myself, what would happen if I tried spraying the rear window seal with just some Halfords black gloss, since they were looking tired and faded. I grabbed some P1200 sand paper and started to sand the seal, results, well it looks better, so will be doing the rest at a later date.

Pictures aren't that clear, and only did part of it to see what the differences would be.

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge


Worth a punt if it has some permanency, I put black shoe cream on mine but it wears off after a bit.


Last edited by Edinburgh; 02/06/2013 21:57. Reason: thumbnails

BumbleBee carer smile
Re: Window Seals [Re: Begbie] #1431129
02/06/2013 22:15
02/06/2013 22:15
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
Originally Posted by Begbie
Originally Posted by jame5
Looks good mate, now you've just got find a decent shell to put them in hehe

Says Mr Rusty boot but can't see it yet wink


If it's half as rusty as my rear arches i'm surprised my boot hasn't fallen through!
Back on topic, i use this stuff, it's got alot of black pigment in it and stains your hands for days if you don't wear gloves. It also buffs up nicely because it's waxed based.


Re: Window Seals [Re: jame5] #1431138
02/06/2013 22:55
02/06/2013 22:55

J
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
J



Originally Posted by jame5
Looks good mate, now you've just got find a decent shell to put them in hehe


Pmsl laugh laugh laugh laugh


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.012s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.6319 MB (Peak: 0.7243 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 18:42:34 UTC