Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Robski1337), 1,372 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Engine mounts 16vt #1437523
11/07/2013 19:27
11/07/2013 19:27
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,829
kidderminster
nick_d Offline OP
My life on the forum
nick_d  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,829
kidderminster
Well as mine have never been changed in 150000 miles I think it's time for a refresh....
Where is best place to buy engine mounts people??

Nick



368bhp @ 1.5 bar
Re: Engine mounts 16vt [Re: nick_d] #1437557
11/07/2013 23:44
11/07/2013 23:44
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,723
Brisbane, Australia
Possum Offline
My life on the forum
Possum  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,723
Brisbane, Australia
A couple of years ago, I purchased one of the mounts from Steve at Alternative Autos. He would be my first choice.


Re: Engine mounts 16vt [Re: nick_d] #1437579
12/07/2013 08:49
12/07/2013 08:49
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
If you're feeling flush, you could get the 2 gearbox mounts from Vibra techincs, but for the engine mount, no idea laugh


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Engine mounts 16vt [Re: Begbie] #1437743
13/07/2013 05:07
13/07/2013 05:07
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,829
kidderminster
nick_d Offline OP
My life on the forum
nick_d  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,829
kidderminster
Reason for this refresh is I have a creek under breaking... Top mounts were done around 500 miles ago ( not OE top mounts though ), so these should be ruled out I suppose?? Is it possible for engine mounts to creek??
I'm guessing these will need doing as I now have nearly double standard power, and all the savage accelerating must seriously stress these engine mounts??

Are these what you were on about Begbie....??

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/engine-mounts/car/fiat/coupe/1996/2-0-16v-turbo

Nick



368bhp @ 1.5 bar
Re: Engine mounts 16vt [Re: nick_d] #1437766
13/07/2013 09:54
13/07/2013 09:54
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
If anything, you want to stop the engine rocking, so the normal engine mounts should be okay, you might want to look at the stabiliser bar and the gearbox mount. The items on demon thieves, you would want the middle and right one.

For me, I have a poly bushed stabiliser bar and the competition gearbox mount


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Engine mounts 16vt [Re: Begbie] #1437769
13/07/2013 10:32
13/07/2013 10:32
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,829
kidderminster
nick_d Offline OP
My life on the forum
nick_d  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,829
kidderminster
Been thinking of getting all the mounts off and getting them filled/injected with pu locally..?
Don't want it to feel like a rampant rabbit though when sat in the car....
Might just do it to a couple of mounts and just renew with standard on the others, should have best of both worlds then hopefully?!
Which ones would be best to fill with pu with ride & vibration in mind?!

Nick



368bhp @ 1.5 bar
Re: Engine mounts 16vt [Re: nick_d] #1437966
15/07/2013 10:47
15/07/2013 10:47
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
No idea I'm afraid. Like I said, I've got the competition rear gearbox mount and a polybushed top stabliser bar, the chassis mounts are oil filed ones from a Dedra.


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Engine mounts 16vt [Re: Begbie] #1439233
24/07/2013 07:16
24/07/2013 07:16
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,829
kidderminster
nick_d Offline OP
My life on the forum
nick_d  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,829
kidderminster
Where did you get your gearbox mount from Begbie, need to order one today!!

Nick



368bhp @ 1.5 bar
Re: Engine mounts 16vt [Re: nick_d] #1439245
24/07/2013 08:11
24/07/2013 08:11
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Was a group buy from vibra technics.

http://www.vibra-technics.co.uk/fiat/20v_coup/488/FIA230M/rear_gearbox_mount

If you go to fit it, you need to remove the rear gearbox arm that attaches to the subframe.


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Engine mounts 16vt [Re: Begbie] #1439256
24/07/2013 11:03
24/07/2013 11:03
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,829
kidderminster
nick_d Offline OP
My life on the forum
nick_d  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,829
kidderminster
I take it 16vt and early 20vt have same mount as its same box??



368bhp @ 1.5 bar
Re: Engine mounts 16vt [Re: nick_d] #1439257
24/07/2013 11:08
24/07/2013 11:08
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
It's the same mount for all coupes.


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.015s Queries: 14 (0.009s) Memory: 0.6436 MB (Peak: 0.7444 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:45:58 UTC