Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New addition :) #1439662
26/07/2013 20:37
26/07/2013 20:37

D
DanDan
Unregistered
DanDan
Unregistered
D



Not often do I find a Fiat Coupe for sale at a garage forecourt only a 30 second drive away in a small village. smile

I went expecting the worst, but thought it could be worth a look anyway.

I wanted a simple run around car with a lot of character whilst I begin the long job list on the LE. Alfa V6's had been on my list but couldn't seem to find the right one, or I had to travel 100's of miles.

This Coupe wasn't advertised anywhere on the internet (or not that I could see) so it was by chance I saw it sitting on the forecourt tucked away in a corner.

Despite it's ugly aftermarket wheels, first impressions seemed good. 86k miles and really tidy. Black leather, sunroof and aircon, 3 keys, original clarion radio with CD changer and remote.
Body work straight, hardly any rust anywhere, arches clean, underneath looked new, supersprint exhaust fitted, really clean metal cam cover. All the signs of a looked after car.

Took it out for a drive, and probably experienced the smoothest drive in a Coupe ever. Oil pressure perfect, gears smooth, clutch smooth, no knocks and an amazing sound (this being a 20v non VIS)

The garage owner then pipes up and tells me the car has a fully stamped book, a new cambet/alt belt/tensioners water pump etc and 10 months MOT with no advisories + plenty of tax.

All receipts were from L & M, which includes recent wishbones, new shocks, springs, top mounts, bushes etc. (hence the smooth ride)

Of course at this point, my heart made a move and I bought it there and then!

This was certainly a case that the garage really didn't know what they had. To them it was just an old R reg Fiat.

It's now sat on my drive while my LE gets all the love and attention it deserves smile (making rust disappear)

I'm not sure what it is about the Coupe, but no matter what guise it's in, it will always put a smile on your face, especially when you come across one by chance!

Anyway Coupe lovers...pictures below. (only snapped this evening so the light is rubbish)

click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge

I did swap my LE wheels onto it as I'm going to sell the horrible 17" aftermarket alloys.

smile




Re: New addition :) [Re: ] #1439665
26/07/2013 20:46
26/07/2013 20:46

D
Davie
Unregistered
Davie
Unregistered
D



Looks lovely mate nice to find a little treat like that where everything seems right

The 20valve n/a lump makes some great noises has to be said. Good choice I'd say!

Re: New addition :) [Re: ] #1439672
26/07/2013 21:05
26/07/2013 21:05
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,595
angus, scotland
jimbob13 Offline
I need some sleep
jimbob13  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,595
angus, scotland
Looks like an excellent find. thumb


[Linked Image]
Re: New addition :) [Re: ] #1439674
26/07/2013 21:26
26/07/2013 21:26
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,167
Glos
Brilly1uk Offline
Club member 1034
Brilly1uk  Offline
Club member 1034
Competition Level

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,167
Glos
Lucky chap, looks very nice with the LE wheels...


Fiat Coupe 20VT
Alfa Romeo Spider
BMW X3
Re: New addition :) [Re: Brilly1uk] #1439686
26/07/2013 22:49
26/07/2013 22:49
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Looks in really good nick! I love these 'old bangers' thumb



Coopless!
Re: New addition :) [Re: ] #1439688
26/07/2013 23:05
26/07/2013 23:05
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
What a find! Clearly garaged for most of its life with paintwork like that, not that you wouldn't have been tempted to unleash the old Autoglym on it cool Desperately trying not to be rude and ask how much

.....oh dash it....


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: New addition :) [Re: Edinburgh] #1439690
26/07/2013 23:12
26/07/2013 23:12
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Excellent, well done Dan cool

Re: New addition :) [Re: ] #1439694
27/07/2013 05:18
27/07/2013 05:18
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,483
Kent
Submariner Offline
My job on the forum
Submariner  Offline
My job on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,483
Kent
That looks very nice....almost a barn find....I'd have held out for an Alfa V6 though.

Re: New addition :) [Re: Submariner] #1439700
27/07/2013 06:58
27/07/2013 06:58

R
richandnic
Unregistered
richandnic
Unregistered
R



looks fab...v envious..what a find

Re: New addition :) [Re: ] #1439702
27/07/2013 07:39
27/07/2013 07:39
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 702
Cornwall
jasgol Offline
Enjoying the ride
jasgol  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 702
Cornwall
I think they call that serendipity, it's easy to forget that not all keen coupe owners are on here and they must have been keen to have replaced shocks, top mounts etc and keep the body work in good order. Good find!
(if you were to sell it for the same price you bought it for, how much would that be?) laugh


Horsing around's a serious business.
Re: New addition :) [Re: ] #1439707
27/07/2013 08:31
27/07/2013 08:31
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 360
England, Devon
lost55 Offline
Making a profit
lost55  Offline
Making a profit

Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 360
England, Devon
2 coupes are never enough smile
You'll need a bigger drive soon.
Great find. Well done smile

Re: New addition :) [Re: ] #1439709
27/07/2013 09:01
27/07/2013 09:01

D
DanDan
Unregistered
DanDan
Unregistered
D



Jasgol, Edinburgh,

I think my brother is having it off me when my LE is back on the road but he would pay me more than I paid for it wink

I paid sub 1k for the car (I won't go into exact figures tongue ) and managed to get them down more as the sunroof only tilts.

Not bad from a garage who said I quote, "If you have any problems in the next few weeks or so, just pop it back and we will have a look at it for you"

I'm going to get a new Fiat badge for the back and renew the number plates(original FIAT on the car, a bit dirty) Give the car a thorough clean and she will be perfect smile

Re: New addition :) [Re: lost55] #1439711
27/07/2013 09:08
27/07/2013 09:08

T
tim42
Unregistered
tim42
Unregistered
T



Great job.... and in an excellent colour. She looks in really good nick as well thumb

Re: New addition :) [Re: ] #1439721
27/07/2013 11:18
27/07/2013 11:18
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,167
Glos
Brilly1uk Offline
Club member 1034
Brilly1uk  Offline
Club member 1034
Competition Level

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,167
Glos
Seems you got it for a very good price too!
Plus you have a sunroof....!


Fiat Coupe 20VT
Alfa Romeo Spider
BMW X3
Re: New addition :) [Re: ] #1439723
27/07/2013 11:51
27/07/2013 11:51
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 702
Cornwall
jasgol Offline
Enjoying the ride
jasgol  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 702
Cornwall



Not bad from a garage who said I quote, "If you have any problems in the next few weeks or so, just pop it back and we will have a look at it for you"



That actually made me LOL!, they clearly don't know the coupe *that* well…..
'hi yea, some hose must have split, I seem to have lost all my coolant"


Horsing around's a serious business.
Re: New addition :) [Re: ] #1439748
27/07/2013 16:18
27/07/2013 16:18
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,446
Essex
evo_number_one Offline
My job on the forum
evo_number_one  Offline
My job on the forum

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,446
Essex
Very nice DD


105
Re: New addition :) [Re: ] #1439753
27/07/2013 16:41
27/07/2013 16:41

D
DanDan
Unregistered
DanDan
Unregistered
D



Some pictures below after a proper clean.

This is starting to get more attention than my LE (which I still need to get fixed up!) tongue
click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Just got some shiny new number plates to fit, and walahh! smile

Re: New addition :) [Re: ] #1439843
28/07/2013 11:18
28/07/2013 11:18

I
iwantcandy
Unregistered
iwantcandy
Unregistered
I



looks very clean and tidy! glad you got a steal from a dealer too usually they are overpriced so bargain!
does it feel quick? only ever driven turbo coupes!

Re: New addition :) [Re: ] #1439864
28/07/2013 16:56
28/07/2013 16:56

D
DanDan
Unregistered
DanDan
Unregistered
D



This one runs really well. It's fast for a 2.0 litre car, obviously not as fast as a turbo.

The difference being in a turbo, you can overtake something and not have to work the car, in this you want to get the revs right, (pulls strongest 4k upwards) although it almost makes for a more rewarding drive for that reason. (and that sound!)

Re: New addition :) [Re: ] #1439872
28/07/2013 18:06
28/07/2013 18:06
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,405
Castle Combe
Flea Offline
Forum is my life
Flea  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,405
Castle Combe
Looking good Dan smile


[Linked Image]

Re: New addition :) [Re: ] #1439873
28/07/2013 18:15
28/07/2013 18:15

D
DanDan
Unregistered
DanDan
Unregistered
D



Thanks Leighton!

Once I've sorted out a a new turbo for the LE, along with a few other bits I shall be making the long trip to Bristol for you to work your magic, as long as you're not fully booked of course smile

Might try one of your chips for the n/a too!


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.017s Queries: 14 (0.011s) Memory: 0.6940 MB (Peak: 0.8574 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:17:19 UTC