Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Edinburgh), 616 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,104
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,306
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,903
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mirror indicators #1479419
17/03/2014 19:48
17/03/2014 19:48
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 246
Netherlands
Henklia Offline OP
Making a profit
Henklia  Offline OP
Making a profit

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 246
Netherlands
I have not seen these before. Does anyone know them? Thinking of buying them.

http://www.ricambituning.it/en/product1.asp?id=218&cat=26&mn=FIAT&sr=Coupe

Henk

Re: Mirror indicators [Re: Henklia] #1479433
17/03/2014 21:25
17/03/2014 21:25
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
my eyes, somebody help me, my eyes, will I ever see again shocked

Re: Mirror indicators [Re: Henklia] #1479452
17/03/2014 22:35
17/03/2014 22:35
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
I'm all for modding and each to there own and all that but those do not look good. And the coupe's mirrors are almost as iconic as the headlights and body slashes.


Re: Mirror indicators [Re: Henklia] #1479459
17/03/2014 22:45
17/03/2014 22:45
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,251
Sevenoaks
mrc Offline
Club member 25
mrc  Offline
Club member 25
Competition Level

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,251
Sevenoaks
I'm working on a kit at the moment, using the original wing mirrors!

Just got to finish modelling them and then get a prototype done using the 3D printer! smile The problem is i'm busy again so it's going to take some time!


[Linked Image]
Re: Mirror indicators [Re: Henklia] #1479556
18/03/2014 15:44
18/03/2014 15:44
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,091
Leicestershire
Joe78 Offline
I need some sleep
Joe78  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,091
Leicestershire
I like these

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14762173@N05/8349613343/in/photostream

Top effort from jobuguk

Last edited by Joe78; 18/03/2014 20:28.
Re: Mirror indicators [Re: Henklia] #1479592
18/03/2014 17:54
18/03/2014 17:54
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,251
Sevenoaks
mrc Offline
Club member 25
mrc  Offline
Club member 25
Competition Level

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,251
Sevenoaks
Yes, these look good but MIT kit will have the led's inside a the wing mirror, with no holes in the black plastic bit! smile


[Linked Image]
Re: Mirror indicators [Re: Henklia] #1480404
23/03/2014 23:14
23/03/2014 23:14

R
R00
Unregistered
R00
Unregistered
R



I gotta agree with Joe78 - they look nice.

Mr C you got any drawings chap, as I have been wanting to do this for a while now and have been very hesitant about the power feed short out issue that was occuring on the wing mirror bracket (the black bit) which is where I was going to mount my leds.

if your going for the mirrir cup (the plastic holder) are you going above or below the black bracket ?

curious to see the idea. would be nice to see a 3D version of it.

waiting patiently. 8)

R00

Re: Mirror indicators [Re: Henklia] #1480467
24/03/2014 13:37
24/03/2014 13:37
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,251
Sevenoaks
mrc Offline
Club member 25
mrc  Offline
Club member 25
Competition Level

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,251
Sevenoaks
I'm well off just because I'm super busy! But the black plastic bit with be produced as a smoked semi transprant piece that will look completely standard and the leds will be mounted inside the strip! As for wiring I'm still working it out but I can't see it being a problem, just time and effort to feed 2 wires from the side repeater to the mirror!


[Linked Image]
Re: Mirror indicators [Re: mrc] #1480686
25/03/2014 21:03
25/03/2014 21:03
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Looking forward to seeing the end results for these and hopefully, one of the first in the queue laugh

Been waiting for years for someone to sort something like this out for me laugh

Re: Mirror indicators [Re: Henklia] #1481620
31/03/2014 16:13
31/03/2014 16:13
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,251
Sevenoaks
mrc Offline
Club member 25
mrc  Offline
Club member 25
Competition Level

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,251
Sevenoaks
Update, I've finished the first prototype (pics up when I can) just on the hunt for the best led strip solution so I can add mounting lugs to keep them in place! smile


[Linked Image]

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.013s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.6387 MB (Peak: 0.7310 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 17:29:11 UTC