Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Robski1337), 1,372 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bargain Headlight #1484328
19/04/2014 23:15
19/04/2014 23:15
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,621
S Wales
chrissy Offline OP
Tourque Italia member!
chrissy  Offline OP
Tourque Italia member!
Forum is my job

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,621
S Wales

Re: Bargain Headlight [Re: chrissy] #1484329
19/04/2014 23:51
19/04/2014 23:51
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,224
norwich, norfolk
adam16vt Offline
My job on the forum
adam16vt  Offline
My job on the forum

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,224
norwich, norfolk
Same seller who has the forged sprinty

Re: Bargain Headlight [Re: chrissy] #1484332
20/04/2014 00:20
20/04/2014 00:20
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
Common sense will prevail, well I certainly hope so.


I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: Bargain Headlight [Re: chrissy] #1485336
27/04/2014 17:20
27/04/2014 17:20

G
glenn1960
Unregistered
glenn1960
Unregistered
G



relisted with a " buy it now price" of £322 !!!

Re: Bargain Headlight [Re: adam16vt] #1485337
27/04/2014 17:24
27/04/2014 17:24

G
glenn1960
Unregistered
glenn1960
Unregistered
G



Originally Posted by adam16vt
Same seller who has the forged sprinty


so he spends 14 odd grand on the car, then sells it for 3500 !! D'oh.

Re: Bargain Headlight [Re: chrissy] #1485347
27/04/2014 18:00
27/04/2014 18:00

C
Craig1989
Unregistered
Craig1989
Unregistered
C



Bargain buy for the sprinty if the invoice was genuine. Sure JBT could clarify. Would have been tempted myself if I has the money.

Re: Bargain Headlight [Re: chrissy] #1485353
27/04/2014 18:07
27/04/2014 18:07

G
Gavlar
Unregistered
Gavlar
Unregistered
G



I've bought a running road legal coop for less than that one headlight.

Re: Bargain Headlight [Re: chrissy] #1485402
27/04/2014 23:02
27/04/2014 23:02
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,921
Lightwater, Surrey
DaveG Offline
Club Treasurer Member 311
DaveG  Offline
Club Treasurer Member 311
Je suis un Coupé

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,921
Lightwater, Surrey
Sadly that's what they cost when new. I know this because I bought one new and one 'shop soiled' one from Desira to replace my original pair that I ruined by painting headlamp yellow on them before a trip to Europe, long before they became available second hand. After replacing them I remember cutting one open at the back to see if the beam pattern could be changed. That was long before people found out about heating them up to soften the glue and being able to split them. Having just turned out the garage (16 years later) I found the original pair with some of the lacquer missing but it looks like they might clean up if I could be bothered. Also found another spare pair that I must have acquired along the way


1996 Portofino 20vt & 2000 Pearl White Plus
2008 Ferrari F430 & 2017 Fiat 124 Spider
Re: Bargain Headlight [Re: chrissy] #1485414
28/04/2014 00:15
28/04/2014 00:15

G
GrahamL
Unregistered
GrahamL
Unregistered
G



I paid around £550 for a new pair from Desira around 2001 or so.

I think mine was the first with body coloured headlights (the LE wasn't exactly body coloured) and I got the new pair to keep the car on the road while working out how to open up the headlight covers and get them painted. Obviously there were no used ones available at the time.


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 14 (0.009s) Memory: 0.6237 MB (Peak: 0.6987 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:09:17 UTC