Ten years ago today I bought my first and only Fiat Coupé 20v Turbo

After months of searching, I found the perfect car on Autotrader in 2004 – Just over five years old on an S plate, Sprint Blue, alcantara, air con and no sunroof, with 41,000 miles on the clock. She was up for £6,500. I was completely blown away on the test drive. Smooth, effortless urge, that delicious five pot warble and that gorgeous interior.
After a bit of haggling I got it for £6,100 and, after few weeks of arguing with the dealer when a few things that needed fixing, we were away… and I’ve never looked back.
Now, with nearly 140,000 miles covered now, I love it more than ever. Excluding MOTs, insurance, tax and petrol, she’s set me back nearly £24,000 in terms of preventive and corrective maintenance and modifications, and with another £3,500 worth of work planned in the next two months, she should be in better condition than she ever has!
Let’s hope she lasts another ten years!