Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Edinburgh), 1,160 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Forged rebuild advice #1521426
12/01/2015 22:01
12/01/2015 22:01

H
Heny83
Unregistered
Heny83
Unregistered
H



Hi all, looking for advice. I've got a spare low mileage engine I've been threating to build for years. I'm now going to have a lot more time soon so I want to start collecting the parts. Main advice I'm looking for is what Pistons and rods. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. One other, I currently have a gt2864rs and was wondering what it flow, would I be using the potential of a forged engine or is it time for a turbo upgrade? Thanks all

Re: Forged rebuild advice [Re: ] #1521428
12/01/2015 22:22
12/01/2015 22:22
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,829
kidderminster
nick_d Offline
My life on the forum
nick_d  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,829
kidderminster
I take it this is for 20vt rather than 16vt??
If so I don't know enough about 20vt's to advise but I do know if I was going forged I'd want to go with a turbo bigger than the one you have.... I'd say minimum turbo size I'd go for would be gt2871r.....,
If I were gonna buy a new complete turbo unit and not just upgrade one I had ( which you could do), I'd prob go for GTX3071r, a good mix of response and top end.... Apparently?!? ;0)

Nick



368bhp @ 1.5 bar
Re: Forged rebuild advice [Re: ] #1521433
12/01/2015 22:50
12/01/2015 22:50

H
Heny83
Unregistered
Heny83
Unregistered
H



Yeah sorry it is a 20v, thanks

Re: Forged rebuild advice [Re: ] #1521454
13/01/2015 00:36
13/01/2015 00:36

H
Heny83
Unregistered
Heny83
Unregistered
H



Not to sound silly but how do I upgrade my gt2864rs. It hasn't covered many miles and to be fair I have no idea on the pricing of them now. Thanks

Re: Forged rebuild advice [Re: ] #1521477
13/01/2015 08:48
13/01/2015 08:48
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
M
Mark_S Offline
Forum is my job
Mark_S  Offline
Forum is my job
M

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
I think that RS turbo can get you to 350bhp which can be done reliably on standard internals, so if you are going forged you might as well aim for 400bhp+, otherwise little point, hence the bigger turbo advice


997 C4S
Re: Forged rebuild advice [Re: ] #1521480
13/01/2015 09:19
13/01/2015 09:19

N
nissansteve
Unregistered
nissansteve
Unregistered
N



I had a gt3071 on my Nissan 200sx mapped conservatively at 430bhp


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.011s Queries: 14 (0.007s) Memory: 0.6081 MB (Peak: 0.6661 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 21:26:24 UTC