Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Aaaargh - rust..... #1532952
06/04/2015 10:04
06/04/2015 10:04
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Nigel Offline OP
Forum veteran
Nigel  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
I removed the scuttle panel cover yesterday to change my wiper linkages (see my other thread for a great new product)

As I cleaned out the masses of dead and decomposing leaves, I caught my finger on a sharp edge - closer investigation revealed the paint had gone, and a little gentle brushing revealed....

click to enlarge

Ar$e....

I could see the soundproofing for the cabin immediately behind the hole, so I've effected a very temporary repair with a piece of aluminium and a lot of underseal, just to keep the water out for now

I was staggered at the amount of dead foliage under the scuttle cover, so I'd suggest that if you Coupe stays outside, its worth a look before it gets to the stage mine's at

Re: Aaaargh - rust..... [Re: Nigel] #1533003
06/04/2015 18:12
06/04/2015 18:12
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,483
Kent
Submariner Offline
My job on the forum
Submariner  Offline
My job on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,483
Kent
yep did mine last year...all was well but it was dirty/compost

Re: Aaaargh - rust..... [Re: Nigel] #1533022
06/04/2015 19:40
06/04/2015 19:40

K
knight7660
Unregistered
knight7660
Unregistered
K



Is that the lovely moonie Nigel? Just lucky you have caught it now I'm going to check mine this week now wink

Re: Aaaargh - rust..... [Re: Nigel] #1533032
06/04/2015 20:11
06/04/2015 20:11

N
nissansteve
Unregistered
nissansteve
Unregistered
N



That's about the only place mine hasn't rusted

Re: Aaaargh - rust..... [Re: ] #1533528
10/04/2015 22:05
10/04/2015 22:05
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,127
South Cambs
B
Barmybob Offline
Hon Club Member: 003
Barmybob  Offline
Hon Club Member: 003
Je suis un Coupé
B

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,127
South Cambs
I noticed all the detritus in there when I first replaced my pollen filter. I made a point of cleaning the area regularly, thank goodness I did.



Gone Audi mad!

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.013s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.6074 MB (Peak: 0.6596 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:12:07 UTC