Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Robski1337), 1,372 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Help with LEDs for rear lights #1538689
20/05/2015 21:48
20/05/2015 21:48
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
M
Mark_S Offline OP
Forum is my job
Mark_S  Offline OP
Forum is my job
M

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
I purchased some lights converted to LEDs via the Forum many moons ago. Unfortunately a run of 4-5 bulbs seems to have stopped working. See top light in picture;

click to enlarge

I don't want to strip down twice. I suppose it could be a wiring problem rather than a bulb blow, but just in case I need to replace the lights, can anybody point me in the direction of the LEDs I would need to buy to make a running repair?

Thanks smile


997 C4S
Re: Help with LEDs for rear lights [Re: Mark_S] #1538694
20/05/2015 22:38
20/05/2015 22:38
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,673
SW London
Rudidudi Offline
My life on the forum
Rudidudi  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,673
SW London
get rid of those gash leds and get some cobs in there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYAJwYXOISg

Re: Help with LEDs for rear lights [Re: Mark_S] #1538703
20/05/2015 23:20
20/05/2015 23:20
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 735
Yorks (near Rhubarb Triangle)
Robotrish Offline
Enjoying the ride
Robotrish  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 735
Yorks (near Rhubarb Triangle)
Unfortunately some LEDs on that set seem to have died,
The technology has moved on now
there are much better options to choose from,
The simple coupe rear lights can be easily adapted and modified to accept the latest LEDs
With alternatives like the hellas being able to be fitted.

Re: Help with LEDs for rear lights [Re: Robotrish] #1538724
21/05/2015 08:34
21/05/2015 08:34
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
M
Mark_S Offline OP
Forum is my job
Mark_S  Offline OP
Forum is my job
M

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
I rather like these simple LEDs and not keen on the Hellas. frown

Do they not sell these LEDs in strips or something. All I want to do is have a replacement to hand, so if I open up and find I can't fix I am ready to replace.

Can anybody recommend what I need and a source?


997 C4S
Re: Help with LEDs for rear lights [Re: Mark_S] #1538737
21/05/2015 10:22
21/05/2015 10:22
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 854
East Anglia
one4seven Offline
Enjoying the ride
one4seven  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 854
East Anglia
You're not alone Mark, I think I prefer the simple LED look.

The cobs do look fantastic generally (I love the white ones on BMWs), but somehow just seem a little too modern on the Coupe's rear end. Suum cuique though smile

Something like these should do:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120CM-12V...var=560068924547&hash=item3cbf94dcda


[Linked Image]
Ollie
Re: Help with LEDs for rear lights [Re: Mark_S] #1538757
21/05/2015 12:14
21/05/2015 12:14
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 735
Yorks (near Rhubarb Triangle)
Robotrish Offline
Enjoying the ride
Robotrish  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 735
Yorks (near Rhubarb Triangle)
Is it just a matter of time before the other sets start to go!
would you be better off getting 90mm diameter rings and changing the lot?

To each his own!

Re: Help with LEDs for rear lights [Re: Mark_S] #1538783
21/05/2015 15:52
21/05/2015 15:52

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



I started with the above leds in my rear lights and have just changed to the cob rings and the improvement is great , a newer look to the rear of the car but it does take time to get used to the look of the cob rings , the cob rings I think will last longer as your not stressing the leds by bending them , mine never went in the 4 years i had them installed but a set I did for another forum member did .

Re: Help with LEDs for rear lights [Re: Mark_S] #1538789
21/05/2015 17:10
21/05/2015 17:10

B
Burbum123
Unregistered
Burbum123
Unregistered
B



I also prefer the led look .

Re: Help with LEDs for rear lights [Re: Mark_S] #1538798
21/05/2015 18:47
21/05/2015 18:47

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



I think they both look good , all depends on what you like .

leds strips on left , cob rings on right .

click to enlarge

Re: Help with LEDs for rear lights [Re: ] #1538799
21/05/2015 18:49
21/05/2015 18:49
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 735
Yorks (near Rhubarb Triangle)
Robotrish Offline
Enjoying the ride
Robotrish  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 735
Yorks (near Rhubarb Triangle)
Hey Ian
I thought you had a blue coupe not a Porto as your avatar!
Or is that the colour of the primer at the moment

Re: Help with LEDs for rear lights [Re: Mark_S] #1538800
21/05/2015 18:51
21/05/2015 18:51

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



i have an electric blue coupe with a bit of primer on it .

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Re: Help with LEDs for rear lights [Re: Mark_S] #1538803
21/05/2015 19:09
21/05/2015 19:09

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



these will do the trick Mark and the cheapest I found on ebay , you will need to cut them down to 27 leds to fit the rear lights .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bright-Re..._DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5af9e373d3

or if you want a spare strip -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-48-LE..._DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2eb380590c

Re: Help with LEDs for rear lights [Re: ] #1538814
21/05/2015 21:30
21/05/2015 21:30
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
M
Mark_S Offline OP
Forum is my job
Mark_S  Offline OP
Forum is my job
M

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
Fantastic, exactly the assistance I was looking for. Much appreciated. thumb

Long live the FORUM beer


997 C4S

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.015s Queries: 14 (0.009s) Memory: 0.6459 MB (Peak: 0.7588 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:01:46 UTC