Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
TA technics coilovers #1546247
04/08/2015 21:33
04/08/2015 21:33

S
skitz86
Unregistered
skitz86
Unregistered
S



So some TA technics coilovers have come up for sale on a fiat coupe owners page on Facebook for £200 and was wondering if there a good price and good choice for a 20vt the ad says that they have covered 4500 miles and have come off a plus, any advice is appreciated
Thanks
Paul

Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1546252
04/08/2015 21:51
04/08/2015 21:51

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



I wouldn't fit them to my coupe and you need to ask yourself why have they been removed with under 5k of use .

Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1546257
04/08/2015 22:48
04/08/2015 22:48

S
skitz86
Unregistered
skitz86
Unregistered
S



I asked the seller and he said that the ride is too hard for everyday use and wanted something softer

Last edited by skitz86; 04/08/2015 22:51.
Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1546284
05/08/2015 09:20
05/08/2015 09:20
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Nigel Offline
Forum veteran
Nigel  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Originally Posted by skitz86
coilovers

Originally Posted by skitz86
£200

Tells you everything you need to know...

Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1546290
05/08/2015 10:20
05/08/2015 10:20
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,904
Poland
deannn_20VT Offline
My life on the forum
deannn_20VT  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,904
Poland
I am the seller fellas. There is nothing wrong with them. I would say very comperable to the more expensive FKs. Driving in bends is great as the car sticks to the road like a fccuk on those coilovers. Are there better coilovers on the market? Sure they are and they cost a lot more. Each to their own wink

Why they have been removed only afer 5k? I bought a Plus that had them fitted by its previous owner, then the car was stored for 2 years. He did only 3.5k with them on the car and then I did another 1k after purchase. I am a bit perv when it comes to suspension so I fitted KYBs with Eibach springs. The car is driven daily and it was to hard for me and way too hard for the missus.


Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1546294
05/08/2015 11:15
05/08/2015 11:15

S
skitz86
Unregistered
skitz86
Unregistered
S



Cheers dean

Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1546761
10/08/2015 21:12
10/08/2015 21:12

D
Downhillryder
Unregistered
Downhillryder
Unregistered
D



Whenever anyone on this forum mentions TA Technics coilovers the opinions offered are usually negative but no one really elaborates. So come on guys (and gals) tell me what exactly is wrong with em ????

How do they effect handling ? Are they robust ? How effective are the adjustments ? How do they compare to standard springs etc etc . Thanks

Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1546850
11/08/2015 23:02
11/08/2015 23:02
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
RusH Offline
My life on the forum
RusH  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
I too would be interested in how people find these on a daily.


Coupe now sold!
Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1547024
13/08/2015 21:16
13/08/2015 21:16

S
skitz86
Unregistered
skitz86
Unregistered
S



I'm going to fit them at the weekend and will let you know how I get on with them
Thanks
Paul

Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1547056
14/08/2015 12:09
14/08/2015 12:09
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
J
Jimbo Offline
Je suis un Coupé
Jimbo  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
J

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
Make sure you use plenty of grease on the threads of the damper body and the rear spring perch threads if you want to be able to adjust them in future.

I'm sure they will be fine for what you're paying for them.

Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1547515
20/08/2015 10:01
20/08/2015 10:01
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
RusH Offline
My life on the forum
RusH  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
How you getting on with them Skitz?


Coupe now sold!
Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1547532
20/08/2015 14:34
20/08/2015 14:34

S
skitz86
Unregistered
skitz86
Unregistered
S



Not to far I'm afraid as the weather has been awful I got one front one on,hoping to finish them this weekend so I'll keep you posted

Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1548812
08/09/2015 16:46
08/09/2015 16:46
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,194
Göteborg, Sweden
Freddan72 Offline
Competition Level
Freddan72  Offline
Competition Level

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,194
Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by skitz86
Not to far I'm afraid as the weather has been awful I got one front one on,hoping to finish them this weekend so I'll keep you posted

Any news? Have you installed them?


Coupé Fiat 20V Turbo Plus 1999, T19 Mitsubishi turbo
https://youtu.be/O9qrLj3Ap00 Now FCP Stage3!
Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1553189
21/10/2015 17:52
21/10/2015 17:52

D
Downhillryder
Unregistered
Downhillryder
Unregistered
D



I'm interested, especially pictures !!

Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1553290
22/10/2015 16:42
22/10/2015 16:42

L
Laipy
Unregistered
Laipy
Unregistered
L



I have Tatechnix coilovers installed on my coupe! I'm satisfied with them, but the front is a little bit jumpy!
click to enlarge
click to enlarge

Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1553307
22/10/2015 21:48
22/10/2015 21:48
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 148
Sofia, Bulgaria
injekciona Offline
On a journey
injekciona  Offline
On a journey

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 148
Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Laipy
click to enlarge


Is your coupe with Bulgarian license plate?


Jet Black E46 M3
EX - Broom Yellow Fiat Coupe 1.8 -> 2.0 16VT
Speed Red Fiat Coupe 2.0 16VT R.I.P.
Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1553385
23/10/2015 15:55
23/10/2015 15:55

L
Laipy
Unregistered
Laipy
Unregistered
L



Yes, I posted the picture to see how low is the suspension!

Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1553526
24/10/2015 17:30
24/10/2015 17:30
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
J
Jimbo Offline
Je suis un Coupé
Jimbo  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
J

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
The kit looks very similar to the FK kit, it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't the same thing. The FK's also had a bouncy front end, FK's fix/bodge was to supply stiffer springs to prevent the spring oscillating, what they should have done is improve the dampers but that would be an expensive fix where an already available spring was much cheaper.

Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: Jimbo] #1553638
26/10/2015 10:21
26/10/2015 10:21
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Originally Posted by Jimbo
The kit looks very similar to the FK kit, it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't the same thing. The FK's also had a bouncy front end, FK's fix/bodge was to supply stiffer springs to prevent the spring oscillating, what they should have done is improve the dampers but that would be an expensive fix where an already available spring was much cheaper.

I took one of the FK's apart and it actually has a removable insert damper, so it could be swapped to something a bit stiffer to stop all the bouncing around.


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1553720
27/10/2015 12:57
27/10/2015 12:57
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
J
Jimbo Offline
Je suis un Coupé
Jimbo  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
J

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
I looked at this and ordered the Koni insert for the FK, the muppets at the shop sent me the Koni insert for a standard coupe damper and not the Koni insert for the FK damper so I gave up on that project and bought the Leda's instead.
With a good damper inside them, the FK would have been a nice setup, the top mount worked well and the stainless versions were nicely built.

Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1553813
28/10/2015 20:41
28/10/2015 20:41
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 11
Germany
F
fallen Offline
Newbie
fallen  Offline
Newbie
F

Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 11
Germany
Originally Posted by Laipy
I have Tatechnix coilovers installed on my coupe! I'm satisfied with them, but the front is a little bit jumpy!
click to enlarge
click to enlarge



What topmounts are you using?
I think that the original ones dont fit right with the TA coilovers:
Is that right?

Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1553814
28/10/2015 20:47
28/10/2015 20:47
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 11
Germany
F
fallen Offline
Newbie
fallen  Offline
Newbie
F

Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 11
Germany
Which topmounts do you use Laipy?
I think the originals dont fit right.
I have alot of knoking when im turning the wheel.


Re: TA technics coilovers [Re: ] #1553823
28/10/2015 22:32
28/10/2015 22:32

L
Laipy
Unregistered
Laipy
Unregistered
L



They use stock top flange, but not the stock plastic bearing, they come with a sort of ballbearing! I don't have pictures to show you exactly.. sorry


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.016s Queries: 14 (0.009s) Memory: 0.6872 MB (Peak: 0.8506 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:03:55 UTC