Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,197 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,143
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Goodbye all. #1550797
27/09/2015 20:47
27/09/2015 20:47
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
charlie_croker Offline OP
I need some sleep
charlie_croker  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
After a few years of Coupe ownership, its time to move on. In that time I have owned K2OUP a VIS christened "Custard" by my daughter and then K3OUP, a 20VT6 christened "Blueberry".

I have loved the forum, and loved the Coupe, a genuine Italian classic and one that I still found myself turning round to look at as I walked away, to admire it's lines.

I genuinely hope that you all continue to support this fabulous sports car and don't be surprised when I wave, flash my lights etc if I pass you in my non coupe.

I have, when I have remembered, had paid FCCUK membership, and let me tell you a club like this is worth the few quid that costs. I have FCCUK window stickers in the rear quarter windows of new car which must raise the odd eyebrow or two.

Goodbye all and keep the Couple flag flying high.


Happy
Re: Goodbye all. [Re: charlie_croker] #1550798
27/09/2015 20:59
27/09/2015 20:59
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Offline
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Offline
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Best of luck C_C with your future charabancs, perhaps "you'll be back"... laugh


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: Goodbye all. [Re: charlie_croker] #1550805
27/09/2015 22:21
27/09/2015 22:21
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
Aye CC the Coop is one of those cars you will never forget. I still look back after parking up as well, possibly the only car that I've done this.

All the best for your future driving choices... bye


I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: Goodbye all. [Re: jimboy] #1550827
28/09/2015 01:24
28/09/2015 01:24
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Sorry to see you're leaving Coupe ownership frown but hope you continue to pop on here now and again cool

Re: Goodbye all. [Re: charlie_croker] #1550836
28/09/2015 07:09
28/09/2015 07:09
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
J
Jimbo Offline
Je suis un Coupé
Jimbo  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
J

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
What's the next car adventure Charlie?

Good luck.

Re: Goodbye all. [Re: charlie_croker] #1550866
28/09/2015 14:19
28/09/2015 14:19
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
charlie_croker Offline OP
I need some sleep
charlie_croker  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
Thanks all, thanks to the Coupe, I now have a 997 Carrera 4S on my drive and a Cayman GT4 on order. If you think Coupe paranoia is bad, try having a 997, RMS, IMS and Bore scoring are all in a days work wink

I will miss the Coupe for sure, one day I hope to come back to Coupe ownership if only for the outstanding owners club. Oh and the joy of it coming on boost wink


Happy
Re: Goodbye all. [Re: charlie_croker] #1550880
28/09/2015 17:03
28/09/2015 17:03
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
J
Jimbo Offline
Je suis un Coupé
Jimbo  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
J

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
A nice looking drive that will be too!

Funny, I was on the Porsche configurator yesterday looking at the Cayman GT4.

Re: Goodbye all. [Re: Jimbo] #1550889
28/09/2015 19:02
28/09/2015 19:02
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
charlie_croker Offline OP
I need some sleep
charlie_croker  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
Originally Posted by Jimbo
A nice looking drive that will be too!

Funny, I was on the Porsche configurator yesterday looking at the Cayman GT4.


The GT4 is somewhat of a bargain, (in Porsche terms). I initially failed to see what all the fuss was about the 911 but having driven one now for over 1000 miles I am somewhat enamoured of the poise, the effortless progress and the grip. Its not a coupe though.


Happy
Re: Goodbye all. [Re: charlie_croker] #1551480
03/10/2015 19:30
03/10/2015 19:30

B
Burbum123
Unregistered
Burbum123
Unregistered
B



Amazing car choices smile I don't think you'll miss the coupe .

Re: Goodbye all. [Re: charlie_croker] #1551497
03/10/2015 21:37
03/10/2015 21:37
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
charlie_croker Offline OP
I need some sleep
charlie_croker  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
...

Last edited by charlie_croker; 03/10/2015 22:23.

Happy

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.020s Queries: 14 (0.011s) Memory: 0.6384 MB (Peak: 0.7192 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 20:00:57 UTC