|
2 registered members (Edinburgh, Jamiepm),
643
guests, and 5
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,104
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: ]
#1551867
07/10/2015 22:13
07/10/2015 22:13
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,903 Auld Reekie
Edinburgh
OP
Club President, member225
|
OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,903
Auld Reekie
|
1. dante giAcosa +1 (double room) 2. Lego + 1 (Twin Room) (Family Room on 3rd night) 3. Barney 4. Rosso + 1 (Double Room) 5. Edinburgh 6. jimboy 7. MattB 8. driley + 1 (Double Room)
So how about if we take one night's accommodation each and book/reserve it?
Happy to take night 1 in Poolewe....
for everyone?  Not sure what you mean Simon? Please indicate what room type you need i.e. Single, double, twin etc. Sorry, too quick! I meant me Dante and you organising one night each since we're probably the loudest shouters so far  In other words not loading one person with all the work.... My preference - don't mind if Jimboy wants to go the twin room route, I'm ok going along with that too if it's a saving. @Dianne - funny, never really saw that as clenched teeth but now you point it out ....
BumbleBee carer
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1551920
08/10/2015 13:52
08/10/2015 13:52
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
I have all my accommodation sorted ! You guys are too slow  The main purpose of my previous post was to help get an idea of the numbers coming, so as to move everything along and get accommodation sorted as quickly as possible . There are enough of us to negotiate a better rate at hotels, but you need to know numbers before negotiating, and the Hotel needs to have that number of rooms still available. I also appreciate and understand that people may not want to stay in the same place and would rather organise their own accommodation. I'm not organising the accommodation I'm just posting some info and options  I'll probably be staying with my sister the first night in Gairloch so I've not looked into anything there. Though I have eaten in the Hotels there and in Poolewe. Gairloch and Poolewe are within 10 mins of each other so accommodation can be secured in either or both without it being a problem meeting up. If you want to stay in Poolewe you better move quickly as it is very popular and there is limited accommodation. The second night I will be staying at the Plockton Inn which I have frequented before and which currently still has accommodation available for us all on that night. Plockton is small and has enough little Hotels and B&B for us all to stay in different places and meet up easily. It is also very popular so you need to book soon. The third night as I already said I will be at the Glenfinnan House Hotel on Loch Sheil. They do still have enough rooms held for us all but I have to let them know by Monday. There are more accommodation options at Glenfinnan including a former train carriage.  My lads might like this If anybody would like me to book them accommodation at the Glenfinnan House Hotel or indeed Plockton, please let me know by the weekend and I will be happy to do so.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: ]
#1551935
08/10/2015 16:50
08/10/2015 16:50
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114 highlands
jimboy
Club Member 857
|
Club Member 857
Forum is my life
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
|
Fair play to you Lego, so are we all booking things ourselves?
I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Rosso]
#1551940
08/10/2015 18:32
08/10/2015 18:32
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Forgot to say that Glenfinnan House Hotel can offer us a discounted rate of £65 per person B&B for a single room or a double bedroom, Double bedrooms at single occupancy would be £80 B&B and the discount applies if we take 6 rooms or more. A reasonable offer considering they are normally full on that weekend and throughout June anyway.
The Plockton Inn is not willing to do a discount as they are always full throughout June. They said we should book soon where ever we chose to stay in Plockton, as Friday nights book out months in advance. There are plenty of other places to choose from. Book soon wherever you choose.
Last edited by Lego; 08/10/2015 18:39.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: ]
#1551948
08/10/2015 19:28
08/10/2015 19:28
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,903 Auld Reekie
Edinburgh
OP
Club President, member225
|
OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,903
Auld Reekie
|
I have all my accommodation sorted ! You guys are too slow  The main purpose of my previous post was to help get an idea of the numbers coming, so as to move everything along and get accommodation sorted as quickly as possible . There are enough of us to negotiate a better rate at hotels, but you need to know numbers before negotiating, and the Hotel needs to have that number of rooms still available. I also appreciate and understand that people may not want to stay in the same place and would rather organise their own accommodation. I'm not organising the accommodation I'm just posting some info and options  I'll probably be staying with my sister the first night in Gairloch so I've not looked into anything there. Though I have eaten in the Hotels there and in Poolewe. Gairloch and Poolewe are within 10 mins of each other so accommodation can be secured in either or both without it being a problem meeting up. If you want to stay in Poolewe you better move quickly as it is very popular and there is limited accommodation. The second night I will be staying at the Plockton Inn which I have frequented before and which currently still has accommodation available for us all on that night. Plockton is small and has enough little Hotels and B&B for us all to stay in different places and meet up easily. It is also very popular so you need to book soon. The third night as I already said I will be at the Glenfinnan House Hotel on Loch Sheil. They do still have enough rooms held for us all but I have to let them know by Monday. There are more accommodation options at Glenfinnan including a former train carriage.  My lads might like this If anybody would like me to book them accommodation at the Glenfinnan House Hotel or indeed Plockton, please let me know by the weekend and I will be happy to do so. Ok can you book me for Plockton and Glenfinnan please and if the twin rooms are a deal cheaper then jimboy will share the room - better check it's not a "double" lol Jimboy I'll phone up Poolewe/Gairloch tonight and see what the deals are
BumbleBee carer
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1551952
08/10/2015 19:36
08/10/2015 19:36
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114 highlands
jimboy
Club Member 857
|
Club Member 857
Forum is my life
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
|
I'm up for Glenfinnan as well please & plockton. Thanks. Keep in touch Simon...
Last edited by jimboy; 08/10/2015 20:14.
I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1551955
08/10/2015 19:53
08/10/2015 19:53
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
I'm following this thread but am over 2,000 miles away. Gimme the numbers to call or just book me in. Lol. Single room, no sharing & preferably with a bar. 
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1551960
08/10/2015 20:40
08/10/2015 20:40
|
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219 Stronsay, Orkney
driley
Club member 1922
|
Club member 1922
Making a profit
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
|
Plockton and Glennfinnian for me too, double please
Thanks Dianne
Just to confirm, that's me booked in at Poolewe and the above?? If I need to do anything just let me know. Thanks for organising it.
Last edited by driley; 08/10/2015 20:44.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1551961
08/10/2015 20:42
08/10/2015 20:42
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,903 Auld Reekie
Edinburgh
OP
Club President, member225
|
OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,903
Auld Reekie
|
Ok, Barney, jimboy and me all reserved in the Poolewe Hotel Thursday 16th June  Think the hotel might have a bar
BumbleBee carer
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1552023
09/10/2015 18:30
09/10/2015 18:30
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
I have PM'd everyone asking for your surnames for Hotel Bookings at Plockton and Glenfinnan. PM me back please.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Rosso]
#1552039
09/10/2015 21:07
09/10/2015 21:07
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Just to confirm are we taking the ferry at Armadale to Mallaig?
Marko we have booked Poolewe Hotel and B&B in Plockton. Just looking for accomodation for Glenfinnan area Pm'd you
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Rosso]
#1552042
09/10/2015 21:34
09/10/2015 21:34
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,903 Auld Reekie
Edinburgh
OP
Club President, member225
|
OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,903
Auld Reekie
|
Just to confirm are we taking the ferry at Armadale to Mallaig?
Yep but it's too early to book these yet. Will see if I can find out when that's possible.
BumbleBee carer
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1552051
10/10/2015 00:34
10/10/2015 00:34
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114 highlands
jimboy
Club Member 857
|
Club Member 857
Forum is my life
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
|
Apologies for the pics' weather was not the best, that's my only excuse. Thanks for posting them up. Still can't get  fed up of this part of the country.......
I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1552052
10/10/2015 01:11
10/10/2015 01:11
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114 highlands
jimboy
Club Member 857
|
Club Member 857
Forum is my life
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
|
Just to confirm are we taking the ferry at Armadale to Mallaig?
Yep but it's too early to book these yet. Will see if I can find out when that's possible. Been on this ferry loads, you tend to turn up & board...
I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
|
|
|
|