|
0 registered members (),
1,089
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
colombo bariani for 16v
#1512355
20/10/2014 18:26
20/10/2014 18:26
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839 Haslemere, Surrey
Mark_S
OP
Forum is my job
|
OP
Forum is my job
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
|
Don't see these very often, so posting for those that might be interested: eBay
997 C4S
|
|
|
Re: colombo bariani for 16v
[Re: Mark_S]
#1519940
01/01/2015 20:56
01/01/2015 20:56
|
Burbum123
Unregistered
|
Burbum123
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: colombo bariani for 16v
[Re: Mark_S]
#1544514
13/07/2015 22:43
13/07/2015 22:43
|
Hoops82
Unregistered
|
Hoops82
Unregistered
|
I tried that Jimbo and he wasn't too polite about saying he would not consider that.
Long time since these were up for sale and I haven't seen another set since. Still quite fancy some but its a big investment when there are cheaper, almost as good alternatives
|
|
|
Re: colombo bariani for 16v
[Re: Mark_S]
#1551642
05/10/2015 13:21
05/10/2015 13:21
|
pippoinzaghi
Unregistered
|
pippoinzaghi
Unregistered
|
do someone tried inlet tipo cam and in the exhaust the inlet lancia delta integrale 16v cam (not the evo1 or evo2 that are the same as coupe 16vt) ?
|
|
|
Re: colombo bariani for 16v
[Re: Mark_S]
#1551877
07/10/2015 22:27
07/10/2015 22:27
|
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,728 London
kj16v
My life on the forum
|
My life on the forum
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,728
London
|
Hi. I guess you've seen that I used to run The Tipo/Coupe combo? I ran it for 3 years. However, in that time two exhaust cams (Coupe inlet cams) wore out - along with the associated main and big-end bearing destruction the first time (the second time big magnets in the sump saved the day  )! Lampredi cams are known to suffer excessive wear issues. I haven't finished investigating the exact cause, but so far it looks like the same issue. All of these cams are getting on a bit now so these I days I try to dissuade people from running this setup, lest they suffer the same issues I run Catcams 438 cams now. They make the same power as my old Tipo/Coupe setup. They're quite finnicky to tune, though and a little bit peaky for my liking. So For the next set of Catcams that I order I'm thinking having the manufacture make up some custom sets to my own spec. with the aim of making a wider spread of torque from midrange to top-end.
|
|
|
Re: colombo bariani for 16v
[Re: Mark_S]
#1551917
08/10/2015 13:38
08/10/2015 13:38
|
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 221 Czech republic
Honza
Making a profit
|
Making a profit
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 221
Czech republic
|
if you have cam wear issues, then you have some problem with clearance, or with lubrication system (oil, oil delivery to cams..)
every time I had/met worn cams on 16V, it was due to lubricating issues (oil sprays in block, loose pipes feeding cam bearings etc..), or too tight clearances...
20 years with yellow 2.0 16v NA 22 years with black SEDICIVALVOLE
|
|
|
Re: colombo bariani for 16v
[Re: Mark_S]
#1552619
16/10/2015 11:36
16/10/2015 11:36
|
pippoinzaghi
Unregistered
|
pippoinzaghi
Unregistered
|
kj16v do you still have the balance shafts in place?
|
|
|
Re: colombo bariani for 16v
[Re: Mark_S]
#1552772
18/10/2015 07:28
18/10/2015 07:28
|
pippoinzaghi
Unregistered
|
pippoinzaghi
Unregistered
|
you have to remove and blank oil passages with a plug inside often after many kms the shafts have little play and the oil pressure, specially at idle, drop down that's one of the most common problems that result in camshafts wearing (the exhaust is often in worse condition). None check and service the balance shaft bearings and also , as said from Honza above, the oil spray system under the pistons. 
|
|
|
Re: colombo bariani for 16v
[Re: kj16v]
#1553512
24/10/2015 14:16
24/10/2015 14:16
|
InfectusGuy
Unregistered
|
InfectusGuy
Unregistered
|
I'm pretty sure the exhaust cam wear is due to the heat from the turbo buggering up the viscosity of the oil in the cam area. There's a reason Fiat slapped that great big heat shield on their stock manifold gaskets and i'd say this is it. What doesn't help is the stock cast manifold's tendency to crack between cylinders 3 and 4 and blast hot exhaust gasses straight onto the front of the head/"cambox" area. Integrales have bonnet vents, not massive ones but they probably help airflow around that area. The coupe on the other hand has very little cooling up the top there. KJ, look forwards to your findings with your new spec of CatCams. I know you're all about the torque (and not just peaky fancy figures) so i'm sure you will brew up a nice design. Put me down for a set (on day!) when i get going on the Evo1 project. Guy
|
|
|
|