Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Coupe WRC/circuit type cars #1554251
04/11/2015 02:56
04/11/2015 02:56
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,897
New Zealand
Saint Offline OP
My life on the forum
Saint  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,897
New Zealand
Hi

So, a fiat coupe competed in the Monte Carlo rally 1995/96

Where else did the coupe make any appearances as a international series competitor? or was that it?

Rallye Automobile de Monte-Carlo 1995
Giudici Gianni/Bernacchini Arnaldo
Fiat Coupé 2.0 16V
N3
#165

Rallye Automobile de Monte-Carlo 1996
Corio Emilio/
Fiat Coupé 2.0 16V
A7
#88




Cheers
Paul


Re: Coupe WRC/circuit type cars [Re: Saint] #1554418
05/11/2015 08:42
05/11/2015 08:42
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
dante giacosa Offline
My life on the forum
dante giacosa  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
Hmm, I really don't know, we'd have to rely on some of our Italian brothers for this info I think.

I do remember reading once in Auto Italia that the Police had had one to compete in some stage over there also. It was now in a museum. Which I think could only happen in Italy.
And 'I'm sure' I read about an book on the subject of 'works' specials featuring a 4WD version which was made for racing evaluation, also...

Perhaps my memory has refracted this...

Re: Coupe WRC/circuit type cars [Re: Saint] #1554421
05/11/2015 10:14
05/11/2015 10:14
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,897
New Zealand
Saint Offline OP
My life on the forum
Saint  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,897
New Zealand
cool interesting- I did see a "police" version in a stage on Google images search

click to enlarge

I haven't heard anything about 4wd versions for racing evaluation's but I would be very interested if there is any info

Thanks for the information, would be great to try and find the info you read - but were to start

Anyone?


Re: Coupe WRC/circuit type cars [Re: Saint] #1554434
05/11/2015 18:45
05/11/2015 18:45
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
J
Jimbo Offline
Je suis un Coupé
Jimbo  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
J

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
The green police car was part of Top Gear, If I remember correctly, Clarkson was driving the coupe.

Re: Coupe WRC/circuit type cars [Re: Saint] #1554438
05/11/2015 19:40
05/11/2015 19:40

P
Pondman
Unregistered
Pondman
Unregistered
P



click to enlarge
I have a model of that, good to see the Italian police have a sense of humour and like wasting taxpayers money wink

Re: Coupe WRC/circuit type cars [Re: Saint] #1554450
05/11/2015 23:16
05/11/2015 23:16
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,041
Carlisle
Rob40 Offline
Enjoying the ride
Rob40  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,041
Carlisle
I remember a few years back there were 2 rallycross cars competing in Italy, A red and a white one.

The white one is this one http://rallycross.com/sales_db/viewoffer.php?id=1074&lang_id=0
running Porche 916 sequential box and diff!


This is how it should have come out of Torino!
Re: Coupe WRC/circuit type cars [Re: Saint] #1554451
05/11/2015 23:19
05/11/2015 23:19
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,041
Carlisle
Rob40 Offline
Enjoying the ride
Rob40  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,041
Carlisle


This is how it should have come out of Torino!
Re: Coupe WRC/circuit type cars [Re: Saint] #1554531
06/11/2015 22:48
06/11/2015 22:48
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,897
New Zealand
Saint Offline OP
My life on the forum
Saint  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,897
New Zealand
Pity fiat never tried a 4wd version for rallying. I guess the inherent front/rear weight issues meant it wasn't the best platform. Be good to have something to copy on a 4wd conversion

Cheers



Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.017s Queries: 14 (0.011s) Memory: 0.6273 MB (Peak: 0.7153 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:09:09 UTC