|
1 registered members (1 invisible),
577
guests, and 4
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,104
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1564791
27/02/2016 18:28
27/02/2016 18:28
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114 highlands
jimboy
Club Member 857
|
Club Member 857
Forum is my life
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
|
OK people I'm aware that there's a few months to go before the Highlands are roaring with the sound of Coops, but any hints tips what we should take in the likes of our toolkits. Anything else we should be thinking of would be a bit of craic to the countdown... Nearer the time I will need actual numbers on who will be requiring a meal at the Priory Hotel in Beauly so I can book a big enough table. Good to stick together. The food is very good by the way. Let the count down begin.......
I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: jimboy]
#1564797
27/02/2016 22:13
27/02/2016 22:13
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,903 Auld Reekie
Edinburgh
OP
Club President, member225
|
OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,903
Auld Reekie
|
OK people I'm aware that there's a few months to go before the Highlands are roaring with the sound of Coops, but any hints tips what we should take in the likes of our toolkits. Anything else we should be thinking of would be a bit of craic to the countdown... Nearer the time I will need actual numbers on who will be requiring a meal at the Priory Hotel in Beauly so I can book a big enough table. Good to stick together. The food is very good by the way. Let the count down begin....... Ooh well, Jim, we're none of us as young as we used to be back in those heady days of planning, I mean maybe just a wee trip up to Crail and back is all we could manage - oh and we'd need a wee cup of tea as well....... WAKE UP ,WAKE UP ye doddery auld git, listen to the man....he says "Beauly" "eat" "huge table" saucy wenches and yes,  .
BumbleBee carer
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1564823
28/02/2016 10:19
28/02/2016 10:19
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114 highlands
jimboy
Club Member 857
|
Club Member 857
Forum is my life
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
|
To be honest Simon, a wee while back I was quite ill & other personal things all added up to me holing in over part of the winter. The Coop required some attention & now that is sorted, with the lovely weather here, clear blue skies, I pumped up the tyres on the old beastie & went for a blast yesterday, always puts a smile on my face. Looking forward to seeing all the other Coops & of course their owners. Today as I tap away on the keyboard & look out the window, lovely clear blue skies again. Cup of coffee, get dressed & off in the Coop to buy a Sunday paper. I may take the long scenic route...
I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: jimboy]
#1564831
28/02/2016 12:23
28/02/2016 12:23
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114 highlands
jimboy
Club Member 857
|
Club Member 857
Forum is my life
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
|
Again I'm a little early but I'm a bit animated at the moment. Just for the record some of the roads that we will be driving on lend themselves how shall I say for those that haven't been in this neck of the woods before, spirited driving may cross your minds & initially the roads are pretty much deserted, but beware, every now & gain the feds show up & it's not unusual of speeds of well in excess of 100mph. that some drivers are being caught out. I own a Coop & I've obviously driven these roads, I've been lucky.... Stay lucky chaps......
Last edited by jimboy; 28/02/2016 12:24.
I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1565227
03/03/2016 15:56
03/03/2016 15:56
|
poprock
Unregistered
|
poprock
Unregistered
|
You know the A9 is covered in 50mph average speed cameras nowadays, right? That personal best of yours will stand for quite some time.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1565248
03/03/2016 17:00
03/03/2016 17:00
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945 Going North on the A9
dante giacosa
My life on the forum
|
My life on the forum
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
|
Ha! yes, I do know that Poprock!
Jimboy was pointing it out last year... I have driven it since, many times.
yes, they've ruined that road- who needs safety eh?
maybe I could start a petition to get just the duel carriageway section at Drummochter unrestricted- like the German autobahns...
SERIOUSLY though, there's quite a scandal that the proposed flyover-exits at Birnam & Dunkeld have been put on hold. They only did it at Aberfeldy, which allows you leave the carriageway and go right, without having the turn right across oncoming traffic.
Let us hope that the restrictions save some lives- I'm sure they will.
Last edited by dante giacosa; 03/03/2016 17:00.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1565412
04/03/2016 21:19
04/03/2016 21:19
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
My forum visits are few and far between at the moment but it's not due to a lack of interest.  Massive apology to Mark. Not forgotten I owe you some cash for one of the bookings. If you're available this weekend I'll nip over to settle up?! Meal in Beauly sounds good so please count me in. I'm happy to stick with the pack for most of the run. Love coupe convoys!!!  As regards tools etc. I'll bring jump leads, a standalone jump starter, two small socket sets (great for boost hoses!), some duck tape, tie wraps, a torch, one pair of radios, a 5L petrol can, chargers and cables for mobile phones + AA/AAA batteries. Also packing an extra large Saltire and some half-nude pics of Nicola Sturgeon in case of confrontation with pro-independence nutters!  If possible, can we produce a Google Map inclusive of the agreed detours that will be followed by the majority? I think it would be helpful to get this pre-programmed into the satnavs, especially with consideration for folk who will sometimes go it alone. Example: Google Map
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1565752
08/03/2016 08:45
08/03/2016 08:45
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945 Going North on the A9
dante giacosa
My life on the forum
|
My life on the forum
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
|
Well done, Barney!
I wonder if there is some clever app that we can get, which would show those subscribed, where everybody else was...
Maybe that's a bit much?
That's quite a toolkit though!
I'll have to have a think, myself...
I know that Ed has invested in radios- we'll need to do a headcount for who will have them- I will get a set also then.
100 days to go!
Last edited by dante giacosa; 08/03/2016 08:59.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1566217
12/03/2016 12:58
12/03/2016 12:58
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114 highlands
jimboy
Club Member 857
|
Club Member 857
Forum is my life
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
|
Reading in the local rag that there will be North of Scotland car convoy around the full 500 miles in May on behalf of the pro Scotland lot, the month before our jaunt. Thank goodness we'll miss that, it would seriously clog up these roads.
I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: jimbob13]
#1566389
14/03/2016 09:38
14/03/2016 09:38
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114 highlands
jimboy
Club Member 857
|
Club Member 857
Forum is my life
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
|
Holy moly, didn't I just under estimate numbers. That lot will really clog up the roads for sure. As an old cynic I foresee a few bumps & scrapes.
I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1566558
15/03/2016 14:38
15/03/2016 14:38
|
silver_fox
Unregistered
|
silver_fox
Unregistered
|
Hi there!
Looking to join you for the Glenfinnan stay on Saturday 18th and return trip section on the Sunday if that's okay?
Glenfinnan have a room free but was there talk of a discount for Coupe group?
Dee
Last edited by silver_fox; 15/03/2016 14:52.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: ]
#1566566
15/03/2016 16:06
15/03/2016 16:06
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,903 Auld Reekie
Edinburgh
OP
Club President, member225
|
OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,903
Auld Reekie
|
Dee, great you can join us even if it's the last part. Look forward to meeting you and your coop which it seems to some is only good for consigning to the flames You might find this post informative from way back - you could always try and sweet-talk them into a discount........ I have all my accommodation sorted ! You guys are too slow  The main purpose of my previous post was to help get an idea of the numbers coming, so as to move everything along and get accommodation sorted as quickly as possible . There are enough of us to negotiate a better rate at hotels, but you need to know numbers before negotiating, and the Hotel needs to have that number of rooms still available. I also appreciate and understand that people may not want to stay in the same place and would rather organise their own accommodation. I'm not organising the accommodation I'm just posting some info and options  I'll probably be staying with my sister the first night in Gairloch so I've not looked into anything there. Though I have eaten in the Hotels there and in Poolewe. Gairloch and Poolewe are within 10 mins of each other so accommodation can be secured in either or both without it being a problem meeting up. If you want to stay in Poolewe you better move quickly as it is very popular and there is limited accommodation. The second night I will be staying at the Plockton Inn which I have frequented before and which currently still has accommodation available for us all on that night. Plockton is small and has enough little Hotels and B&B for us all to stay in different places and meet up easily. It is also very popular so you need to book soon. The third night as I already said I will be at the Glenfinnan House Hotel on Loch Sheil. They do still have enough rooms held for us all but I have to let them know by Monday. There are more accommodation options at Glenfinnan including a former train carriage.  My lads might like this If anybody would like me to book them accommodation at the Glenfinnan House Hotel or indeed Plockton, please let me know by the weekend and I will be happy to do so.
BumbleBee carer
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1566644
16/03/2016 14:36
16/03/2016 14:36
|
silver_fox
Unregistered
|
silver_fox
Unregistered
|
Booked for Glenfinnan so see you there!
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: dante giacosa]
#1566718
16/03/2016 21:42
16/03/2016 21:42
|
silver_fox
Unregistered
|
silver_fox
Unregistered
|
Hey Dee,
that's terrific!
welcome along...! Will be nice to meet a few newbies since the last time I was involved!
|
|
|
|