|
0 registered members (),
935
guests, and 1
spider. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,112
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1571767
30/04/2016 00:58
30/04/2016 00:58
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945 Going North on the A9
dante giacosa
My life on the forum
|
My life on the forum
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
|
Ha- that's true, Dianne..
I'm somewhat reassured that you don't sound 'as' despondent now as you you did after the dreadful news the other day.
Paintwork aside- how does the car feel, after it's once over? Did it get the service as well as an MOT,?
Was it Craigies, you went to?
Last edited by dante giacosa; 30/04/2016 01:00.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: dante giacosa]
#1571864
01/05/2016 00:11
01/05/2016 00:11
|
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219 Stronsay, Orkney
driley
Club member 1922
|
Club member 1922
Making a profit
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
|
Ha- that's true, Dianne..
I'm somewhat reassured that you don't sound 'as' despondent now as you you did after the dreadful news the other day.
Paintwork aside- how does the car feel, after it's once over? Did it get the service as well as an MOT,?
Was it Craigies, you went to? Just got all the parts,and should have been fitted today, we use Matt/tec who are based in Craigies, Matt runs his own business from there and worked for Fiat for many years, so really appreciates the coupes and is very knowledgeable. The car is staying with Matt just in case the company he wants to do the paintwork manages to get a space. It is not parked in Kirkwall though, safe in his home garage. I will pop over for visits and run her round after the service to check all ok.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1571920
01/05/2016 19:33
01/05/2016 19:33
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114 highlands
jimboy
Club Member 857
|
Club Member 857
Forum is my life
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
|
Keep an eye out for Attadale rail station, tonight channel 4 at 8pm. Paul Merton hidden stations. On the road to Plockton.
I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: jimboy]
#1571940
01/05/2016 22:41
01/05/2016 22:41
|
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,595 angus, scotland
jimbob13
I need some sleep
|
I need some sleep
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,595
angus, scotland
|
Keep an eye out for Attadale rail station, tonight channel 4 at 8pm. Paul Merton hidden stations. On the road to Plockton. Thanks for the heads up on this, I wasn't even aware the program existed. Myself and Mrs. Jimbob really enjoyed it.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: ]
#1572082
02/05/2016 22:53
02/05/2016 22:53
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Bump. My post from last week that everyone ignored Ok trip is definitely on for me/us now.  It was and is was a bit complicated and expensive with lots of car stuff needing done, with Sofia and Michael coming up by train to Glenfinnan on the Saturday to join Lewis and I, Lewis then going on School trip Sweden a few days later then Sofia going to France the week after and then Michael and I joining her the week after that.  Got headache just writing it. I will need to book into a hotel in Gairloch/Poolewe as my sister is going to be away on holiday then.
Last edited by Lego; 02/05/2016 22:59.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: ]
#1572083
02/05/2016 22:58
02/05/2016 22:58
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905 Auld Reekie
Edinburgh
OP
Club President, member225
|
OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie
|
Bump. Ok trip is definitely on for me/us now.  It was and is was a bit complicated and expensive with lots of car stuff needing done, with Sofia and Michael coming up by train to Glenfinnan on the Saturday to join Lewis and I, Lewis then going on School trip Sweden a few days later then Sofia going to France the week after and then Michael and I joining her the week after that.  Got headache just writing it. Apologies for not acknowledging the links  But excellent that Sofia and the lads have given you a good slap to get your act together  And that Silver Streak will be roadworthy again
BumbleBee carer
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1572084
02/05/2016 23:02
02/05/2016 23:02
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Thanks Simon. I forgive you all. You were getting excited about walkie-talkies or drivie-talkies.  The Silver Dart
Last edited by Lego; 02/05/2016 23:04.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Rosso]
#1572096
02/05/2016 23:41
02/05/2016 23:41
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905 Auld Reekie
Edinburgh
OP
Club President, member225
|
OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,905
Auld Reekie
|
Oh Marko I am on the look out for walkie Talkies but I don't want to be getting you in trouble by your kind offer of Simon's walkies They're MINE!!! glad its all steam ahead for you for this You don't know how much truth there is in that
BumbleBee carer
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Rosso]
#1572097
02/05/2016 23:51
02/05/2016 23:51
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
I apologise too and I did read the article... was that you in the photo? Oh Marko I am on the look out for walkie Talkies but I don't want to be getting you in trouble by your kind offer of Simon's walkies  I'm glad its all steam ahead for you for this No I took the photo  No idea who they were! I haven't a clue what's going on with walkie-talkies Sounds like there are enough to go round so I'll be happy to leave mine at home. I'll be out of range once we are off the A9 anyway
Last edited by Lego; 03/05/2016 00:40.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1572098
02/05/2016 23:58
02/05/2016 23:58
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Oh Marko I am on the look out for walkie Talkies but I don't want to be getting you in trouble by your kind offer of Simon's walkies What page is this quote referring to ?
Last edited by Lego; 03/05/2016 00:03.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Rosso]
#1572101
03/05/2016 00:26
03/05/2016 00:26
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
might have been towards the end of page 14 Still I am none the wiser about the walkie talkies. Simon can you post a de-crypted message in plain engkish and explain!
Last edited by Lego; 03/05/2016 00:26.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1572129
03/05/2016 10:44
03/05/2016 10:44
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
Can you get in at the Poolewe Hotel Mark?
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: ]
#1572134
03/05/2016 11:19
03/05/2016 11:19
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
I think Mark has family he is going to rely on in Gairloch..? You missed a post Jim Can you get in at the Poolewe Hotel Mark? Not sure Bern, I will give em a call later. What hotel is it again ?
Last edited by Lego; 03/05/2016 11:25.
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1572135
03/05/2016 11:43
03/05/2016 11:43
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
Poolewe hotel <<<---- link I never got round to advising them what time we would like to eat. Brian needs a table for two as well. I'm on my way back to work, currently in Frankfurt airport. There's a good chance my forum visits will be infrequent for the next 4 weeks...
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1572146
03/05/2016 12:51
03/05/2016 12:51
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1572152
03/05/2016 13:14
03/05/2016 13:14
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
Barney
Unregistered
|
Top man. I may break my own no-sticker rule on this occasion!
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1572171
03/05/2016 14:37
03/05/2016 14:37
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
glad its all steam ahead for you for this You don't know how much truth there is in that Me neither?
|
|
|
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end
[Re: dante giacosa]
#1572173
03/05/2016 14:42
03/05/2016 14:42
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Lego
Unregistered
|
Good luck Bernard Official tour stickers: just finalised I hope magnet; to go with my pro independence one Does it have to have the crap Fiat logo/ badge? If I put that on my debadged car people will then Know otherwise it is very good Jim  :
Last edited by Lego; 03/05/2016 18:05.
|
|
|
|