Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Edinburgh), 1,110 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,109
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,309
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,904
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 29 1 2 … 14 15 16 17 18 … 28 29
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: dante giacosa] #1571726
29/04/2016 18:06
29/04/2016 18:06
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
driley Offline
Club member 1922
driley  Offline
Club member 1922
Making a profit

Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
Originally Posted by dante giacosa
Bernard's hit it right on there, Dr C...





AND- we could bring it with us in June to get the least of Dianne's damage of her car...


That's thoughtful , but after all that food, do you think any of us will be able to bend tongue

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1571767
30/04/2016 00:58
30/04/2016 00:58
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
dante giacosa Offline
My life on the forum
dante giacosa  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
Ha- that's true, Dianne..

I'm somewhat reassured that you don't sound 'as' despondent now as you you did after the dreadful news the other day.

Paintwork aside- how does the car feel, after it's once over? Did it get the service as well as an MOT,?

Was it Craigies, you went to?

Last edited by dante giacosa; 30/04/2016 01:00.
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: dante giacosa] #1571864
01/05/2016 00:11
01/05/2016 00:11
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
driley Offline
Club member 1922
driley  Offline
Club member 1922
Making a profit

Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 219
Stronsay, Orkney
Originally Posted by dante giacosa
Ha- that's true, Dianne..

I'm somewhat reassured that you don't sound 'as' despondent now as you you did after the dreadful news the other day.

Paintwork aside- how does the car feel, after it's once over? Did it get the service as well as an MOT,?

Was it Craigies, you went to?


Just got all the parts,and should have been fitted today, we use Matt/tec who are based in Craigies, Matt runs his own business from there and worked for Fiat for many years, so really appreciates the coupes and is very knowledgeable. The car is staying with Matt just in case the company he wants to do the paintwork manages to get a space. It is not parked in Kirkwall though, safe in his home garage. I will pop over for visits and run her round after the service to check all ok.

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1571868
01/05/2016 01:02
01/05/2016 01:02
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
dante giacosa Offline
My life on the forum
dante giacosa  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
That's great to hear of a sort of plan towards success

And very encouraging to hear there is someone with that kind of knowledge on the mainland

Could be useful for a future Coupé trip even further North!?

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1571920
01/05/2016 19:33
01/05/2016 19:33
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
Keep an eye out for Attadale rail station, tonight channel 4 at 8pm. Paul Merton hidden stations. On the road to Plockton.


I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: jimboy] #1571940
01/05/2016 22:41
01/05/2016 22:41
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,595
angus, scotland
jimbob13 Offline
I need some sleep
jimbob13  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,595
angus, scotland
Originally Posted by jimboy
Keep an eye out for Attadale rail station, tonight channel 4 at 8pm. Paul Merton hidden stations. On the road to Plockton.

Thanks for the heads up on this, I wasn't even aware the program existed.
Myself and Mrs. Jimbob really enjoyed it.


[Linked Image]
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: ] #1572082
02/05/2016 22:53
02/05/2016 22:53

L
Lego
Unregistered
Lego
Unregistered
L



Originally Posted by Lego
The hotel we are staying in on our last night of the trip was featured in The Guardian last week, as was a photograph I took.

Top 10 hotels in the Highlands, Scotland

My Pic of the Edinburgh Balmoral



Bump. My post from last week that everyone ignored cry

Ok trip is definitely on for me/us now. smile It was and is was a bit complicated and expensive with lots of car stuff needing done, with Sofia and Michael coming up by train to Glenfinnan on the Saturday to join Lewis and I, Lewis then going on School trip Sweden a few days later then Sofia going to France the week after and then Michael and I joining her the week after that. wobble Got headache just writing it. I will need to book into a hotel in Gairloch/Poolewe as my sister is going to be away on holiday then.

Last edited by Lego; 02/05/2016 22:59.
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: ] #1572083
02/05/2016 22:58
02/05/2016 22:58
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,904
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,904
Auld Reekie
Originally Posted by Lego
Originally Posted by Lego
The hotel we are staying in on our last night of the trip was featured in The Guardian last week, as was a photograph I took.

Top 10 hotels in the Highlands, Scotland

My Pic of the Edinburgh Balmoral



Bump.

Ok trip is definitely on for me/us now. smile It was and is was a bit complicated and expensive with lots of car stuff needing done, with Sofia and Michael coming up by train to Glenfinnan on the Saturday to join Lewis and I, Lewis then going on School trip Sweden a few days later then Sofia going to France the week after and then Michael and I joining her the week after that. wobble Got headache just writing it.


Apologies for not acknowledging the links frown

But excellent that Sofia and the lads have given you a good slap to get your act together thumb tongue

And that Silver Streak will be roadworthy again cool


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572084
02/05/2016 23:02
02/05/2016 23:02

L
Lego
Unregistered
Lego
Unregistered
L



Thanks Simon. I forgive you all. You were getting excited about walkie-talkies or drivie-talkies.


readit readit The Silver Dart

laugh

Last edited by Lego; 02/05/2016 23:04.
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: ] #1572087
02/05/2016 23:13
02/05/2016 23:13
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,904
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,904
Auld Reekie
Nothing to forgive amigo, you will just be relegated to the back of the convoy for ever and ever judge


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572094
02/05/2016 23:27
02/05/2016 23:27
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,569
Motherwell - Scotland
Rosso Offline
Honorary Club member 1442
Rosso  Offline
Honorary Club member 1442
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,569
Motherwell - Scotland
I apologise too and I did read the article... was that you in the photo?

Oh Marko I am on the look out for walkie Talkies but I don't want to be getting you in trouble by your kind offer of Simon's walkies laugh

I'm glad its all steam ahead for you for this smile


[Linked Image]
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Rosso] #1572096
02/05/2016 23:41
02/05/2016 23:41
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,904
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,904
Auld Reekie
Originally Posted by Rosso

Oh Marko I am on the look out for walkie Talkies but I don't want to be getting you in trouble by your kind offer of Simon's walkies laugh


They're MINE!!!

Originally Posted by Rosso
glad its all steam ahead for you for this smile


You don't know how much truth there is in that hehe


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Rosso] #1572097
02/05/2016 23:51
02/05/2016 23:51

L
Lego
Unregistered
Lego
Unregistered
L



Originally Posted by Rosso
I apologise too and I did read the article... was that you in the photo?

Oh Marko I am on the look out for walkie Talkies but I don't want to be getting you in trouble by your kind offer of Simon's walkies laugh

I'm glad its all steam ahead for you for this smile


smile

No I took the photo rolleyes No idea who they were!

I haven't a clue what's going on with walkie-talkies confused
Sounds like there are enough to go round so I'll be happy to leave mine at home. I'll be out of range once we are off the A9 anyway laugh

Last edited by Lego; 03/05/2016 00:40.
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572098
02/05/2016 23:58
02/05/2016 23:58

L
Lego
Unregistered
Lego
Unregistered
L



Originally Posted by Rosso

Oh Marko I am on the look out for walkie Talkies but I don't want to be getting you in trouble by your kind offer of Simon's walkies laugh


What page is this quote referring to ? wobble

Last edited by Lego; 03/05/2016 00:03.
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572099
03/05/2016 00:05
03/05/2016 00:05
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,569
Motherwell - Scotland
Rosso Offline
Honorary Club member 1442
Rosso  Offline
Honorary Club member 1442
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,569
Motherwell - Scotland
might have been towards the end of page 14 wobble wobble


[Linked Image]
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Rosso] #1572101
03/05/2016 00:26
03/05/2016 00:26

L
Lego
Unregistered
Lego
Unregistered
L



Originally Posted by Rosso
might have been towards the end of page 14 wobble wobble


Still wobble confused
I am none the wiser about the walkie talkies.

Simon can you post a de-crypted message in plain engkish and explain! laugh

Last edited by Lego; 03/05/2016 00:26.
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: ] #1572105
03/05/2016 00:52
03/05/2016 00:52
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,904
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content OP
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content OP
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,904
Auld Reekie
Originally Posted by Lego

Simon can you post a de-crypted message in plain engkish and explain! laugh


Blyffkgqiuig fit?


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: ] #1572107
03/05/2016 01:21
03/05/2016 01:21
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,569
Motherwell - Scotland
Rosso Offline
Honorary Club member 1442
Rosso  Offline
Honorary Club member 1442
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,569
Motherwell - Scotland
Originally Posted by Lego
I've got a couple of Binatones that Simon and I used when we went to Spa. So we should have enough to go round everybody now!


smile


[Linked Image]
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572108
03/05/2016 02:04
03/05/2016 02:04
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
dante giacosa Offline
My life on the forum
dante giacosa  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
Oh, that's very kind, Rosso

If not- I shall invest...

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: dante giacosa] #1572112
03/05/2016 02:52
03/05/2016 02:52

L
Lego
Unregistered
Lego
Unregistered
L



Originally Posted by Lego
Going up to Glenfinnan next week as they are doing a 2 nights for 1 offer until November

Originally Posted by dante giacosa
Wow! Lucky you!

You could get some more advance footage, like Jimboys!?


A couple of pics and a couple of vids from my visit last year. Sorry no road or car shots.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...0.100001939344575&type=3&theater
Glenfinnan from Viaduct
Steam Train at viaduct aka Hogwarts Express

A still Loch Sheil by the Hotel.

Last edited by Lego; 03/05/2016 02:55.
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572129
03/05/2016 10:44
03/05/2016 10:44

B
Barney
Unregistered
Barney
Unregistered
B



Can you get in at the Poolewe Hotel Mark?

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572130
03/05/2016 10:51
03/05/2016 10:51
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
dante giacosa Offline
My life on the forum
dante giacosa  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
I think Mark has family he is going to rely on in Gairloch..?

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: ] #1572134
03/05/2016 11:19
03/05/2016 11:19

L
Lego
Unregistered
Lego
Unregistered
L



Originally Posted by dante giacosa
I think Mark has family he is going to rely on in Gairloch..?


You missed a post Jim smile


Originally Posted by Barney
Can you get in at the Poolewe Hotel Mark?


Not sure Bern, I will give em a call later.
What hotel is it again ?

Last edited by Lego; 03/05/2016 11:25.
Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572135
03/05/2016 11:43
03/05/2016 11:43

B
Barney
Unregistered
Barney
Unregistered
B



Poolewe hotel <<<---- link
I never got round to advising them what time we would like to eat. Brian needs a table for two as well.
I'm on my way back to work, currently in Frankfurt airport. There's a good chance my forum visits will be infrequent for the next 4 weeks...

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572145
03/05/2016 12:49
03/05/2016 12:49
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
dante giacosa Offline
My life on the forum
dante giacosa  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
Good luck Bernard

Official tour stickers: just finalised

click to enlarge

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572146
03/05/2016 12:51
03/05/2016 12:51

B
Barney
Unregistered
Barney
Unregistered
B



Window stickers I hope!

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572148
03/05/2016 12:57
03/05/2016 12:57
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
dante giacosa Offline
My life on the forum
dante giacosa  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
Yup!

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572152
03/05/2016 13:14
03/05/2016 13:14

B
Barney
Unregistered
Barney
Unregistered
B



Top man. I may break my own no-sticker rule on this occasion!

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: Edinburgh] #1572171
03/05/2016 14:37
03/05/2016 14:37

L
Lego
Unregistered
Lego
Unregistered
L



Originally Posted by Edinburgh


Originally Posted by Rosso
glad its all steam ahead for you for this smile


You don't know how much truth there is in that hehe


Me neither?

Re: North of Scotland meet/w-end [Re: dante giacosa] #1572173
03/05/2016 14:42
03/05/2016 14:42

L
Lego
Unregistered
Lego
Unregistered
L



Originally Posted by dante giacosa
Good luck Bernard

Official tour stickers: just finalised

click to enlarge


I hope magnet; to go with my pro independence one laugh
Does it have to have the crap Fiat logo/ badge? If I put that on my debadged car people will then Know shocked

otherwise it is very good Jim
thumb :

Last edited by Lego; 03/05/2016 18:05.
Page 16 of 29 1 2 … 14 15 16 17 18 … 28 29

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.024s Queries: 14 (0.017s) Memory: 0.7510 MB (Peak: 0.9884 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 09:49:29 UTC