Does anybody understand what is supposed to happen regarding a meter being changed to a semi enclosed box?

I read all the info which said National Grid fit the new box and you contact your supplier so they can fit the meter! or thats how i understood it!

National grid contacted paid to fit new semi concealed box outside my house by digging cutting supply pipe and connecting in new location

Contacted Scottish power to advise them of supply alteration and the requirement to fit a suitable meter for a semi enclosed box

Told to contact their contractor G4S to have a smart meter fitted

New box/supply completed today

G4S turn up, ooh cant fit that we dont have a meter for a semi concealed box you need to contact scottish power to get a Dumb meter fitted

been on phone all day now and it stands at G4S say i need to get National grid back to reconnect my old meter before they will change the meter, said i dont think it will fit and why do National Grid have to come out as the new supply has an isolation valve just needs a meter the lady said she does not quite know what they mean but to ring National Grid in the morning to explain and advise what G4S are saying and she also thinks they are suggesting to dig up the ground and reconnect the old meter which makes no sense at all

Anybody got any help regarding this as cold showers are not that nice shocked