Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Coupé jack and wheelbrace... #1581828
06/08/2016 15:23
06/08/2016 15:23
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 16,603
Corridor of Uncertainty
J
Jim_Clennell Offline OP
Forum veteran
Jim_Clennell  Offline OP
Forum veteran
J

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 16,603
Corridor of Uncertainty
Shamefully, I only checked out my spare wheel a couple of days ago and - whilst the spare itself is fine - there appears to be no jack or wheelbrace. Are these items easy to come by and - being no slave to originality - is there something better around?

Re: Coupé jack and wheelbrace... [Re: Jim_Clennell] #1581829
06/08/2016 15:40
06/08/2016 15:40

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K



I used to carry a trolley jack (in the boot of Beta Coupe)until it came unstrapped, went flying and put dent in rear quarter. After that I kept in well behind front seat but not measured Coupe as yet. I have no original jack either but very nice toolkit!

Re: Coupé jack and wheelbrace... [Re: Jim_Clennell] #1581830
06/08/2016 15:42
06/08/2016 15:42
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 22,311
Aldershot
PeteP Offline
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
PeteP  Offline
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 22,311
Aldershot
The original ratchet wheelbrace is no great shakes Jim. I keep a breaker bar with a 19mm socket in the boot.

I've never had to use the jack, I use a trolley-jack and a grooved block of timber for maintenance, but I don't think there is anything special about it. I think that pretty well any strong scissor jack that fits around the vertical flange would do the job.


16VT and X1/9 1500 + e208 Peugeot

We must all do our part for the planet.
I unplugged a row of electric cars that nobody was using.
I even unplugged my own.
Re: Coupé jack and wheelbrace... [Re: Jim_Clennell] #1581831
06/08/2016 15:56
06/08/2016 15:56
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 16,603
Corridor of Uncertainty
J
Jim_Clennell Offline OP
Forum veteran
Jim_Clennell  Offline OP
Forum veteran
J

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 16,603
Corridor of Uncertainty
I sold my trolley jack with the LDV Convoy, as we no longer owned a vehicle at that time. I know OEM stuff is a bit rubbish, so I might follow your example...

Re: Coupé jack and wheelbrace... [Re: Jim_Clennell] #1581898
07/08/2016 16:59
07/08/2016 16:59
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,207
ation
szkom Offline
Club member 2000
szkom  Offline
Club member 2000
Forum is my life

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,207
ation
Get down a scrapper and find a mk1 bravo or derivative of. Pretty sure mine's from a Marea.

Re: Coupé jack and wheelbrace... [Re: Jim_Clennell] #1581908
07/08/2016 18:22
07/08/2016 18:22
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Nigel Offline
Forum veteran
Nigel  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
I have a couple of OE Coupe jacks lying around - happy to send you one

Re: Coupé jack and wheelbrace... [Re: Jim_Clennell] #1581918
07/08/2016 21:09
07/08/2016 21:09
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,961
west bromwich
C
coupedummy Offline
Je suis un Coupé
coupedummy  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
C

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,961
west bromwich
Its one thing i never even noticed. I have always used a trolley jack on that car.

Wheel brace can be picked up locally from a motor factors. One with extendable arm for leverage. Think recently ive paid 5-8 quid.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolson-Extendable-Wheel-Nut-Bolt-Wrench-Breaker-Bar-Brace-350-530-mm-17-19-1-2-/361212805629?hash=item5419f601fd:g:DBQAAOSwFqJWoInO


[Linked Image]
Re: Coupé jack and wheelbrace... [Re: szkom] #1581927
07/08/2016 22:20
07/08/2016 22:20
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 836
Hereford
H
HiraethHuw Offline
Enjoying the ride
HiraethHuw  Offline
Enjoying the ride
H

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 836
Hereford
Originally Posted by szkom
Get down a scrapper and find a mk1 bravo or derivative of. Pretty sure mine's from a Marea.


Just finished playing with my 156 tonight and I notice my jack says Bravo/a, Marea and 156. I'll bet that every scrapper has a 156 in it at the mo.

The pics on the jack show a Mk1 3 door Punto.

Last edited by HiraethHuw; 07/08/2016 22:21.
Re: Coupé jack and wheelbrace... [Re: Jim_Clennell] #1582143
10/08/2016 08:04
10/08/2016 08:04
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 16,603
Corridor of Uncertainty
J
Jim_Clennell Offline OP
Forum veteran
Jim_Clennell  Offline OP
Forum veteran
J

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 16,603
Corridor of Uncertainty
Thanks all. I went for a 2-ton scissor jack from eBay, but I like the idea of a telescopic brace. Might have to pop to the factors...


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.015s Queries: 14 (0.009s) Memory: 0.6301 MB (Peak: 0.7054 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:18:18 UTC