Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,019 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What brand and size/fitment injectors? #1584980
19/09/2016 23:00
19/09/2016 23:00
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline OP
I need some sleep
technics  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
Have seimens 630cc injectors and need the next size up for a little more headroom etc.

What brand if not seimens again is there that is readily available and reliable?

Also do I need a certain fitment size or spray etc? Not that clued up with injectors.....

Thanks.


Now in the 400+ bhp club!
Re: What brand and size/fitment injectors? [Re: technics] #1585092
20/09/2016 22:58
20/09/2016 22:58
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,728
London
kj16v Offline
My life on the forum
kj16v  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,728
London
To answer we need to know your current bhp and what you're aiming for next.

Re: What brand and size/fitment injectors? [Re: technics] #1585101
21/09/2016 01:24
21/09/2016 01:24
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline OP
I need some sleep
technics  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
Bhp and work is all done but injectors are running at 98/99%
Want to run them at a more comfortable level.

So next size up from 630cc for 20vt

Any particular brand or fitment etc......


Now in the 400+ bhp club!
Re: What brand and size/fitment injectors? [Re: technics] #1585179
22/09/2016 00:03
22/09/2016 00:03
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline OP
I need some sleep
technics  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
Anyone...


Now in the 400+ bhp club!
Re: What brand and size/fitment injectors? [Re: technics] #1585182
22/09/2016 00:58
22/09/2016 00:58
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising Offline
Club member 914
Countrycruising  Offline
Club member 914
Forum veteran

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Have you asked whoever is doing the mapping?

Re: What brand and size/fitment injectors? [Re: technics] #1585217
22/09/2016 18:04
22/09/2016 18:04
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,728
London
kj16v Offline
My life on the forum
kj16v  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,728
London
I find Siemens injectors to be very reliable at a range of fuel pressures, so if you just want a bit more headroom then I would recommend Siemens 660cc injectors.

What fuel pressure are you running at? if it's 3 bar, then don't be afraid of raising the pressure a bit to increase fuel delivery. Then you won't need to go to the expense of new injectors. Siemens Dekas will run as much as 4 bar all day every day. That's what I run! wink

I'm sure you know, but just in case; don't forget that how ever you decide to increase fuel delivery, you'll have to have the car mapped again to suit.

Re: What brand and size/fitment injectors? [Re: technics] #1585244
23/09/2016 00:04
23/09/2016 00:04
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline OP
I need some sleep
technics  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
To be fair mapper said it's all running fine and safe but I had the impression it was safer to have some headroom on the injectors.

Is it safe generally speaking to run injectors at 99%?

Car is running 512bhp at 1.8 bar.


Now in the 400+ bhp club!
Re: What brand and size/fitment injectors? [Re: technics] #1585245
23/09/2016 00:06
23/09/2016 00:06
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline OP
I need some sleep
technics  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
Yes of course any changes we make we will check mapping after.....
Maybe just check the fpr and hope it's 3 bar and change that to 4 bar and that should do the trick for peace of mind.

Thanks.

Last edited by technics; 23/09/2016 23:13.

Now in the 400+ bhp club!
Re: What brand and size/fitment injectors? [Re: technics] #1585293
23/09/2016 15:05
23/09/2016 15:05

P
PhoB
Unregistered
PhoB
Unregistered
P




Re: What brand and size/fitment injectors? [Re: technics] #1585294
23/09/2016 15:26
23/09/2016 15:26
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline OP
I need some sleep
technics  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
Yes Ive worked out the size as in cc or lb but not what type or fitment.

Looking on the Seimens website and there are so many lengths and fitments etc......they do 60lb (630cc that we have) and 80lb in about 8 different types....



Now in the 400+ bhp club!
Re: What brand and size/fitment injectors? [Re: technics] #1585326
23/09/2016 22:59
23/09/2016 22:59
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,728
London
kj16v Offline
My life on the forum
kj16v  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,728
London
It's the EV1 that fits Fiat Coupes. High impedance

Re: What brand and size/fitment injectors? [Re: technics] #1585350
24/09/2016 12:26
24/09/2016 12:26
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline OP
I need some sleep
technics  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
Thank you.


Now in the 400+ bhp club!
Re: What brand and size/fitment injectors? [Re: technics] #1585379
25/09/2016 02:36
25/09/2016 02:36
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,728
London
kj16v Offline
My life on the forum
kj16v  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,728
London
NP smile

Re: What brand and size/fitment injectors? [Re: technics] #1585513
26/09/2016 23:33
26/09/2016 23:33

T
TurboJ
Unregistered
TurboJ
Unregistered
T



I wouldn't feel comfortable running above 90% duty cycle, just depends how often you are flat out on max boost smile


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.6578 MB (Peak: 0.7757 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:21:15 UTC