Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 577 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,104
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,306
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,903
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: LED Headlights [Re: ] #1591448
06/01/2017 21:00
06/01/2017 21:00
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising Offline OP
Club member 914
Countrycruising  Offline OP
Club member 914
Forum veteran

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Originally Posted by Dunk
Freddie, any bulb will only work well if the quality of the reflector itself is good (the shiny reflective surface at the back of the unit not the front clear plastic, though that helps) - They do degrade over time or get dirty. Worth checking if you are having issues with 100w bulbs. If the reflectors are good then definitely worth an upgrade to LED.


+1 for having clean reflectors, they do half the bulbs job so if they're mucky all that light is being deflected every where except forward where it's needed.

Re: LED Headlights [Re: Countrycruising] #1591449
06/01/2017 21:16
06/01/2017 21:16
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 130
Hemel Hempstead
Freddie Offline
On a journey
Freddie  Offline
On a journey

Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 130
Hemel Hempstead
Nice one Joe, I will take a look at the weekend and try and clean them if I can get to them.


Freddie
Re: LED Headlights [Re: Freddie] #1591450
06/01/2017 21:54
06/01/2017 21:54
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 22,306
Aldershot
PeteP Offline
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
PeteP  Offline
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 22,306
Aldershot
Originally Posted by Freddie
You mean the the plastic cover outside if so I had them polished it looks pretty clear


No, I mean the mirrored reflector behind the bulb.


16VT and X1/9 1500 + e208 Peugeot

We must all do our part for the planet.
I unplugged a row of electric cars that nobody was using.
I even unplugged my own.
Re: LED Headlights [Re: ] #1591474
07/01/2017 11:20
07/01/2017 11:20
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising Offline OP
Club member 914
Countrycruising  Offline OP
Club member 914
Forum veteran

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Originally Posted by Dunk
Freddie, any bulb will only work well if the quality of the reflector itself is good (the shiny reflective surface at the back of the unit not the front clear plastic, though that helps) - They do degrade over time or get dirty. Worth checking if you are having issues with 100w bulbs. If the reflectors are good then definitely worth an upgrade to LED.


Duncan can you help with answering this?

Originally Posted by 124coupe
Would you recommend the 410 H4 version on my 124 AC Coupe Joe?

Re: LED Headlights [Re: Countrycruising] #1591478
07/01/2017 11:42
07/01/2017 11:42
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 197
J
juleshh Offline
On a journey
juleshh  Offline
On a journey
J

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 197
Sad news, Joe; I have a purchaser for my Plus as I am buying a convertible for the summer now while the prices are good. The buyer might go for them on his own volition; I'll mention it. I'll need to duck out, however. Jules

Re: LED Headlights [Re: juleshh] #1591479
07/01/2017 11:52
07/01/2017 11:52
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising Offline OP
Club member 914
Countrycruising  Offline OP
Club member 914
Forum veteran

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Originally Posted by juleshh
Sad news, Joe; I have a purchaser for my Plus as I am buying a convertible for the summer now while the prices are good. The buyer might go for them on his own volition; I'll mention it. I'll need to duck out, however. Jules


No worries Jules, hope we get some sunny days for you open top thumb

Re: LED Headlights [Re: Countrycruising] #1591638
09/01/2017 19:12
09/01/2017 19:12
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,650
Dark side of the Moon
H_R Offline
My life on the forum
H_R  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,650
Dark side of the Moon
Any advise on easiest way to align headlight beam? i.e height from centre of headlight x amount of meters ahead on a wall or is there a simpler way of doing this also the left to right adjustment where should that be?
I can find generic info but nothing specific to the Coupe

Mine are slightly different, but i want it to be correct so i can make a fair comparison with the new LED lamps fitted to my O/S headlamp
Cheers

Re: LED Headlights [Re: Countrycruising] #1591640
09/01/2017 19:20
09/01/2017 19:20
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising Offline OP
Club member 914
Countrycruising  Offline OP
Club member 914
Forum veteran

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
The heights are adjusted off the motors so if you haven't touched that the beam should still be the same, or pop to your local friendly MOT garage and ask them to check it on their machine.

Re: LED Headlights [Re: Countrycruising] #1591651
09/01/2017 21:16
09/01/2017 21:16
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,650
Dark side of the Moon
H_R Offline
My life on the forum
H_R  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,650
Dark side of the Moon
Hi Joe, what i meant to say is, whats the proper distance and height for the beam setting in relation to headlight height from floor? i know how to adjust just not what to adjust too and the fact the lights are in the bonnet makes it just that bit more awkward 😫

Re: LED Headlights [Re: Countrycruising] #1591656
09/01/2017 21:52
09/01/2017 21:52
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising Offline OP
Club member 914
Countrycruising  Offline OP
Club member 914
Forum veteran

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Yes I understood what you're asking, problem is only a head light beam tester will accurately assertain the correct beam height/pattern, anything else would be guess work tbh.

Re: LED Headlights [Re: Countrycruising] #1591657
09/01/2017 21:57
09/01/2017 21:57
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,650
Dark side of the Moon
H_R Offline
My life on the forum
H_R  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,650
Dark side of the Moon
Ok I understand cheers Joe biglaugh

Re: LED Headlights [Re: Countrycruising] #1591686
10/01/2017 12:18
10/01/2017 12:18
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,296
Staffs
Dazvr6 Offline
My job on the forum
Dazvr6  Offline
My job on the forum

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,296
Staffs
Last time I did mine I parked on my works car park approx 10ft from the wall and set them to the same height as the centre of the headlight bulb from the floor. (the mortar lines on the wall helped too)
Not a particularly scientific way of doing it but it was spot on at the mot. thumb

Re: LED Headlights [Re: Countrycruising] #1591704
10/01/2017 14:48
10/01/2017 14:48
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
dante giacosa Offline
My life on the forum
dante giacosa  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
I've got a car that eats headlights. N/S ones anyway.

And I've replaced the complete unit three times.

I lined them up, much as Daz describes, with the final check being that i walked out in front of the car on level ground, and crouched down to see both lights come 'on beam' (or 'blinding'!) to my eyes.

I kept adjusting the N/S unit until it matched the O/S.

worked for one MOT- but not the next afterwards; when I'd had to replace it again.

Re: LED Headlights [Re: Countrycruising] #1598246
10/04/2017 09:59
10/04/2017 09:59

D
Downhillryder
Unregistered
Downhillryder
Unregistered
D



Its been mentioned on the group buy thread, but not answered anywhere I can find - do they get hot and can they be run with the dust covers fitted ?

Re: LED Headlights [Re: Countrycruising] #1598270
11/04/2017 00:11
11/04/2017 00:11

J
jonnyk
Unregistered
jonnyk
Unregistered
J



I have a different set of led bulbs to the ones from the group buy and had a bulb go due to overheating. So I've gone with no headlight covers now for better airflow.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.021s Queries: 15 (0.013s) Memory: 0.6739 MB (Peak: 0.8137 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 19:45:21 UTC