Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (jarofjam, Notfastwes, YFG), 1,265 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,143
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rebuilding Bilstein B6 shocks #1593229
02/02/2017 12:43
02/02/2017 12:43
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,309
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
andyps Offline OP
Club member 1482
andyps  Offline OP
Club member 1482
My job on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,309
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Does anyone know if the B6 shocks can be rebuilt? I think mine may be past their best and as they are no longer available for the front I wondered about getting them rebuilt but don't know if it is possible.

Any advice gratefully received!


Andy

[Linked Image]
Re: Rebuilding Bilstein B6 shocks [Re: andyps] #1593236
02/02/2017 14:55
02/02/2017 14:55
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
I do believe they can. I certainly read somewhere, just after I ditched one of mine as it was leaking. There are other refurbish companies out there that can do this.


I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: Rebuilding Bilstein B6 shocks [Re: andyps] #1593296
03/02/2017 07:52
03/02/2017 07:52
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
J
Jimbo Offline
Je suis un Coupé
Jimbo  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
J

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
Bilstein UK have a damper rebuild service, they can even rebuild to your own spec if you want to go firmer or softer on the damping. Give them a call.

https://www.bilstein-shocks.co.uk/pages/bilstein-rebuild-service

Last edited by Jimbo; 03/02/2017 07:53.
Re: Rebuilding Bilstein B6 shocks [Re: andyps] #1593333
03/02/2017 15:49
03/02/2017 15:49
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,309
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
andyps Offline OP
Club member 1482
andyps  Offline OP
Club member 1482
My job on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,309
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Thanks for that, I'll look into it further. I know someone locally who does rebuilds so will also talk to them but getting Bilstein themselves to do them is tempting.


Andy

[Linked Image]

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.015s Queries: 14 (0.009s) Memory: 0.6056 MB (Peak: 0.6527 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 19:38:43 UTC