Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (phil16vturbo), 1,057 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
20vt block #1593778
09/02/2017 10:57
09/02/2017 10:57
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,224
norwich, norfolk
adam16vt Offline OP
My job on the forum
adam16vt  Offline OP
My job on the forum

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,224
norwich, norfolk
Hi

Going through the shed I've found an old block from my 20vt, it's a bare block with nothing else attached

The car was broken due to low compression but I'm not sure if it was head related or a cracked piston or anything like that

Does it have any value? I'm not picthing for sales just want to know if it's worth selling or should I just scrap it

Adam

Re: 20vt block [Re: adam16vt] #1593833
09/02/2017 21:12
09/02/2017 21:12
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 164
Devon
ucoupia Offline
Club member 1357
ucoupia  Offline
Club member 1357
On a journey

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 164
Devon
Hi,
when you say it`s bare, does that mean no main bearing caps?

Re: 20vt block [Re: adam16vt] #1593834
09/02/2017 21:21
09/02/2017 21:21
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,224
norwich, norfolk
adam16vt Offline OP
My job on the forum
adam16vt  Offline OP
My job on the forum

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,224
norwich, norfolk
Hi

I meant bare as is no head and that...

Still got the sump, pistons and flywheel

Re: 20vt block [Re: adam16vt] #1593842
09/02/2017 22:06
09/02/2017 22:06
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 164
Devon
ucoupia Offline
Club member 1357
ucoupia  Offline
Club member 1357
On a journey

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 164
Devon
Hi Adam, If the bores are not badly scored and it would take a rebore
i would definitely keep it, if i lived nearer i would be very interested in it.

Re: 20vt block [Re: adam16vt] #1593851
09/02/2017 22:43
09/02/2017 22:43
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,224
norwich, norfolk
adam16vt Offline OP
My job on the forum
adam16vt  Offline OP
My job on the forum

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,224
norwich, norfolk
I think it's fine

I suspect the head was at fault as the the whole things was rebuilt a few years ago and didn't do many miles

I'll keep hold of it

Cheers


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.011s Queries: 14 (0.007s) Memory: 0.6126 MB (Peak: 0.6614 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 21:21:16 UTC