|
1 registered members (Robski1337),
1,372
guests, and 7
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
LE Colour change
#1594381
15/02/2017 23:17
15/02/2017 23:17
|
stevo
Unregistered
|
stevo
Unregistered
|
My coupe is currently Le black. However the paint work has been damaged by frost this winter so basically needs repainting..... again, already did it once in 2012. With a bit of saving I could get it repainted. I have always fancied having a red le so should I just take the opportunity to go red? My coupe is on 150k... not on the original engine and is forged with a gt28rsr turbo. So basically it's never going to be a stupidly low mileage original car. So would the colour change mater?
|
|
|
Re: LE Colour change
[Re: ]
#1594384
15/02/2017 23:32
15/02/2017 23:32
|
Nello
Unregistered
|
Nello
Unregistered
|
I've never liked the idea of a complete colour change on any car. Its a massive job if you want it doing right. I wouldn't be happy if the door shuts and engine bay/boot interior were showing as a different colour so it would need to be a complete strip-down for me to do a right job which would be pricey. Black LE's are pretty scarce and don't forget you couldn't buy a 'normal' black in the standard 20VT it was ink which was actually dark blue so I'd get it redone black if it was mine. Your choice though Stevo - just my opinion.
|
|
|
Re: LE Colour change
[Re: ]
#1594388
16/02/2017 01:23
16/02/2017 01:23
|
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 649 UK
Clintos
Enjoying the ride
|
Enjoying the ride
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 649
UK
|
Keep it black, sell it and/or buy a red LE. My favourites were Crono grey followed by red too as I like how the titanium accents stand out. Your car and your choice though. Not sure what it means for resale in the future either as I wouldn't touch any insurance write off or colour changed car but then that's only my opinion.
Boooooooooost!!!
|
|
|
Re: LE Colour change
[Re: ]
#1594394
16/02/2017 05:14
16/02/2017 05:14
|
stevo
Unregistered
|
stevo
Unregistered
|
The paint has blistered, sad times.
|
|
|
Re: LE Colour change
[Re: ]
#1594395
16/02/2017 05:21
16/02/2017 05:21
|
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 649 UK
Clintos
Enjoying the ride
|
Enjoying the ride
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 649
UK
|
why not get the areas that need painting touched up as needed then and go for a wrap of your choice
Boooooooooost!!!
|
|
|
Re: LE Colour change
[Re: ]
#1594406
16/02/2017 09:42
16/02/2017 09:42
|
nismo
Unregistered
|
nismo
Unregistered
|
Don't do it , just get it repainted in black and back to mint condition .
|
|
|
Re: LE Colour change
[Re: ]
#1594417
16/02/2017 10:41
16/02/2017 10:41
|
stevo
Unregistered
|
stevo
Unregistered
|
You got a spare Red Le kicking about Joe in a single shade of red 😄
|
|
|
Re: LE Colour change
[Re: ]
#1594422
16/02/2017 10:58
16/02/2017 10:58
|
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 649 UK
Clintos
Enjoying the ride
|
Enjoying the ride
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 649
UK
|
no but there is one on ebay red LE
Last edited by Clintos; 16/02/2017 10:59.
Boooooooooost!!!
|
|
|
Re: LE Colour change
[Re: Clintos]
#1594425
16/02/2017 11:13
16/02/2017 11:13
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,694 Midlands
MCMike
Forum is my job
|
Forum is my job
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,694
Midlands
|
The only colour change I'd ever consider for a Coupe is Pearly white metallic....an LE would look great in this shade I reckon. Otherwise keep it black, my black LE looked stunning all polished up
1972 Triumph Stag 1984 Alfasud TI 1999 Fiat Coupe Turbo LE 2005 350Z
|
|
|
Re: LE Colour change
[Re: ]
#1594452
16/02/2017 18:15
16/02/2017 18:15
|
stevo
Unregistered
|
stevo
Unregistered
|
Yeah I am not paying 8k for a slower version of what I have.
|
|
|
Re: LE Colour change
[Re: ]
#1594502
17/02/2017 18:25
17/02/2017 18:25
|
knight7660
Unregistered
|
knight7660
Unregistered
|
Keep the same Stevo Black LE's are the best
|
|
|
|