Hi all,

I haven't posted on here in a while but need some sympathy.

I last replaced my wishbones something like 5yrs ago. From memory it was a bit of a pain with the thread on the nuts being made of cheese but nothing major. So today with the sun shining I decided to renew them with Lemforder wishies which I bought after reading GrahamL's nightmare (Thanks for all the info in your post Graham). Old ones out no problems but for some reason I couldn't line the bolt holes up on the passenger side for ages. My neck muscles almost gave up a few times. I made sure the new bolts I bought tightened easily by hand before putting the wishbone in position, once I eventually got it in position I started with the longest bolt which I could feel catch the thread but would not tighten easily and I was worried about cross threading it. Eventually after a lot of repositioning the bolt went in smoothly and so did the rest. I gave in after this due to other commitments, getting the ball joint bolted to the hub looked too much like hard work after the struggle to just get it lined up and bolted to the subframe, so I'll attack it again on the weekend along with the drivers side.

I just don't remember it being such a pain the last time.

The TRE on the passenger side is also stuck solid after numerous sharp hits from a hammer and interference with a ball joint splitter. And to top it all off the dreaded rust has started to eat the underbody in some areas so I've had to take my angle grinder and wire cup to it over the last few days. frown

[Linked Image]