Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 370 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,715
Posts1,170,032
Members1,658
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,306
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,885
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Some more advice needed please. #1602820
17/06/2017 14:02
17/06/2017 14:02
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 36
Dublin, Ireland
CoupeAG Offline OP
Discoverer
CoupeAG  Offline OP
Discoverer

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 36
Dublin, Ireland
OK, as a newbie to Coupe ownership, I have a few questions for you guys....

1. Is there any easy fix for a fuel gauge giving an incorrect reading? The needle moves up slightly & the light goes out but I would have expected £40 would move the needle a bit more than just under a quarter tank! (No leaks) wink

2. The centre console & all the way down to the hand brake are covered in a strange sticky substance. I don't think there was anything ever stuck to it but it is a bit nasty looking. Is there a fix for this & how easy is it to remove these sections? I guess I could have them painted or recovered if I can get them cleaned. Has anyone here had any experience of this & have you used anything special to clean them?


Re: Some more advice needed please. [Re: CoupeAG] #1602831
17/06/2017 20:26
17/06/2017 20:26
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 214
basingstoke, england
rayzer82 Offline
Making a profit
rayzer82  Offline
Making a profit

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 214
basingstoke, england
Centre consol is a very common issue and is a how to in the how to section....I just scrubbed mine with hot soapy water and softish brillo ..but probably not advisable.

Re: Some more advice needed please. [Re: rayzer82] #1602835
17/06/2017 23:35
17/06/2017 23:35
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,723
Brisbane, Australia
Possum Offline
My life on the forum
Possum  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,723
Brisbane, Australia
Here is the link to the "How to" http://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=723196#Post723196

I had mine out and back in a day. I used this paint and after many years in the sub-tropics still looks good.
http://www.vhtpaint.com/specialty/vht-hood-bumper-trim-paint

I also removed the side panels off the console and just used pop rivets to reattach it. Saved masking up the sides before painting.

Good luck with this easy fix.

Last edited by Possum; 17/06/2017 23:38.


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.013s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.5995 MB (Peak: 0.6419 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-09-30 17:56:41 UTC