|
1 registered members (Robski1337),
1,372
guests, and 7
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
16vt with b/a gearbox
#1605633
05/08/2017 12:13
05/08/2017 12:13
|
petio333
Unregistered
|
petio333
Unregistered
|
Hello there, I drive a 16v n/a which recently blew up. I took the oppurtunity to buy a 16vt engine with a stage 1 remap (makes about 240-250). Sadly I wasnt able to find a gearbox for it. My question is if the stock 16v n/a gearbox will be able to handle that power or I should spend some more time searching for a 16vt one.
|
|
|
Re: 16vt with b/a gearbox
[Re: ]
#1605758
08/08/2017 05:08
08/08/2017 05:08
|
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 221 Czech republic
Honza
Making a profit
|
Making a profit
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 221
Czech republic
|
there was few cars here runnign 16VT (or 8VT engine on Atmo gearbox...) the atmo gerabox is the same as was used in Punto GT instead of bellhousing, and GT has sometimes more power and Nm than 2ltr NA... so it can survive..
the cars were pretty quick because of shorter, NA, final drive... (my friend had Tipo 16V with modified 8VT engine from dedra -after death of stock 16V and instead of swapped engine, rest was stock.. -brakes, gearbox, steering..)
as the 16VT has same brakes and only difference is front suspension (shock absorber, spring..) you can use stock 16V.. but improvement to "better" material would be vital..
20 years with yellow 2.0 16v NA 22 years with black SEDICIVALVOLE
|
|
|
Re: 16vt with b/a gearbox
[Re: ]
#1605764
08/08/2017 08:31
08/08/2017 08:31
|
petio333
Unregistered
|
petio333
Unregistered
|
Yeah, everything from the front suspension turned out to be different, but sadly I couldn't find a parts car and I need the car ASAP so I have no choice.
However, I don't know if the 16v clutch will work as it seems to be way different
|
|
|
Re: 16vt with b/a gearbox
[Re: ]
#1605781
08/08/2017 17:25
08/08/2017 17:25
|
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 221 Czech republic
Honza
Making a profit
|
Making a profit
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 221
Czech republic
|
coupe 16VT has push clutch 215diameter..
if you have 16VT engine with bigger FLywheel (bigger clutch disk area), then you need Lancia dedra Turbo push type pressure plate... which will fit to doweling pins pattern and which has suitable diameter for 230mm clutch disk.
I have in my modified 16V NA delta integrale steel flywheel (235mm dia surface) 228mm dia clutch disk from OMP, and dedra turbo pressure plate...fits perfectly.
20 years with yellow 2.0 16v NA 22 years with black SEDICIVALVOLE
|
|
|
|