|
1 registered members (TonyB),
1,000
guests, and 6
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: Cybox Cat-back for 20VT
[Re: szkom]
#1604340
11/07/2017 13:47
11/07/2017 13:47
|
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,621 Leicester UK
Ballypete
My life on the forum
|
My life on the forum
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,621
Leicester UK
|
I'd go custom if noise is going to concern you. You have to remember that a turbo takes energy from the exhaust gas thus making it quieter. That'll be why the na isn't suited to it. thanks szkom, makes sense
Doris the 1998 Portofino Blue 20V and Zoe the 1999 Alfa Romeo 916 Spider Bog standard needn't be boring...
|
|
|
Re: Cybox Cat-back for 20VT
[Re: Ballypete]
#1608001
18/09/2017 09:10
18/09/2017 09:10
|
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,083 Alcester
mikndo69
Enjoying the ride
|
Enjoying the ride
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,083
Alcester
|
I had one fitted to my N/A and yes they are louder but only when you really hit the loud pedal. Pulling away normally is no different (IMHO), unless it made me so deaf that I can't here it anymore
Fast as FCCUK.org
|
|
|
Re: Cybox Cat-back for 20VT
[Re: ]
#1608197
20/09/2017 14:26
20/09/2017 14:26
|
Brigham
Unregistered
|
Brigham
Unregistered
|
Had a Cybox on our 20V N/A for about 10 years, yes it is noisier than stock, but no way is it horrendous, inside the car is okay, not much difference really from stock. Off the revs it is pretty quiet, give it the beans, then yes it gets louder, would I change it, Hell will freeze over first.
Not sure why Cybox have withdrawn the recommendation, it does not warrant the "Track Day" comment nor annoying the neighbours, I've never had a complaint.
Now my Harley, that makes a noise har har.
John
|
|
|
Re: Cybox Cat-back for 20VT
[Re: ]
#1609893
18/10/2017 13:13
18/10/2017 13:13
|
radnutz
Unregistered
|
radnutz
Unregistered
|
I've just fitted a powerflow cat back exhaust that I've had in the shed for a while. It was off of a 20vt and mines a 20v na and it's coming off again as it's too boomy and I have lost that beautiful 5 pot engine noise that i had before. I think the cybox system is going to be similar in sound so I'm going to give it a miss and get a custom one fitted.
|
|
|
Re: Cybox Cat-back for 20VT
[Re: ]
#1609940
18/10/2017 20:30
18/10/2017 20:30
|
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 338 Camberley, Surrey
jonnyboy54321
Making a profit
|
Making a profit
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 338
Camberley, Surrey
|
Send me a pm - I can put you in touch with a guy who just did a custom one for my wife's c70 convertible - he's in Redhill
Always seem to have too many 20VT's to count......
|
|
|
Re: Cybox Cat-back for 20VT
[Re: jonnyboy54321]
#1610250
22/10/2017 06:37
22/10/2017 06:37
|
radnutz
Unregistered
|
radnutz
Unregistered
|
Send me a pm - I can put you in touch with a guy who just did a custom one for my wife's c70 convertible - he's in Redhill Thanks, I need 4 tyres first then I'll look into getting another exhaust. For now I'll stick the old original back on, I just wish the back box wasn't so fugly
|
|
|
|