|
|
|
0 registered members (),
1,197
guests, and 8
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,143
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Rocker cover issues
#1621097
29/05/2018 18:35
29/05/2018 18:35
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 361 Surrey
Salmaan
OP
Making a profit
|
OP
Making a profit
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 361
Surrey
|
Hi guys,
Need some forum power! I'm refurbing my rocker cover, and have noticed the top left-hand bolt has snapped off on the corner. I recall that this is a common issue with over tightening...
Can I still use it, can it be repaired? Or do I need to source a new one?
Also on the inside of the cover, there seems to be some rubber, should I remove this? Seems to be around the oil hole as well...
Thanks
98 Fiat Coupe 2.0VT 320hp 12 Jaguar XKR 5.0 SC Speed Pack 510hp 14 Volvo XC60 R-Design Lux Nav 180hp
|
|
|
Re: Rocker cover issues
[Re: Salmaan]
#1621098
29/05/2018 18:38
29/05/2018 18:38
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799 In the coupe.
magooagain
Club member 259
|
Club member 259
Forum is my life
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
|
Don't worry about the rubber,is the left hand corner strapped off or just cracked? Normally it's the top right corner. If it's just cracked the a gasket sealant should work along with a new gasket. Hand tighten that bolt though.
|
|
|
Re: Rocker cover issues
[Re: Salmaan]
#1621101
29/05/2018 18:53
29/05/2018 18:53
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 361 Surrey
Salmaan
OP
Making a profit
|
OP
Making a profit
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 361
Surrey
|
Has anyone welded it back? Can it be glued? Probably not I'd have thought...
98 Fiat Coupe 2.0VT 320hp 12 Jaguar XKR 5.0 SC Speed Pack 510hp 14 Volvo XC60 R-Design Lux Nav 180hp
|
|
|
Re: Rocker cover issues
[Re: Salmaan]
#1621110
29/05/2018 20:20
29/05/2018 20:20
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799 In the coupe.
magooagain
Club member 259
|
Club member 259
Forum is my life
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
|
I have a standard one I would sell in very good condition. I'm in France but a pal that lives in College town sandhurst could bring it to the uk this weekend. Pm me if you are interested in it.
|
|
|
Re: Rocker cover issues
[Re: Salmaan]
#1621124
30/05/2018 08:27
30/05/2018 08:27
|
Lappers
Unregistered
|
Lappers
Unregistered
|
I did get one welded back on and it was fine but it cost about £50
|
|
|
|
|
|
|