» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (szkom), 271 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,543
Posts1,340,440
Members1,785
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,521
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,296
PeteP 21,482
bockers 21,070
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,366
Edinburgh 16,662
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Fondleslab appz #1632898
28/05/2019 22:34
28/05/2019 22:34
Sunny Darlo
Wishy Offline OP
Forum is my life
Wishy  Offline OP
Forum is my life

Sunny Darlo
After years of attempting to shun Apple products as much as possible, I’ve ended with an iPad from work and was wondering what apps are worth having (free or otherwise).
So far I’ve installed iPlayer, Kindle, a backgammon and an SSH client. ignore this though, I’d like to know what you peeps find useful regardless of whether you think I’d like it.

Up yours Photobucket.
Re: Fondleslab appz [Re: Wishy] #1632941
30/05/2019 11:44
30/05/2019 11:44
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Chertsey in the Thames
Google Maps, Microsoft Translator, Snapseed Photo editor, Shazam, Cloud Storage for pictures such as One Drive, Google Phots or Amazon Prim Photos (I use all three!).

Then it's down to what you use your phone/tablet for. I have Nest, Alexa and other Home automation stuff. Then Sonos for my house music and a plethora or irritating Social Media apps.
Then I have a folder for Planes, Trains, Rooms and Automobiles for all the various/numerous travel booking apps.
For web browsing I use Chrome an for general music playing I use a Sony Walkman as using iTunes to do a simple task of loading music from my PC to my iPad, and keep it up to date, is an utter ball ache.

My main use of my iPad is watching downloaded content for when i am working abroad. So for me that Netflix, VLC player, Sky Q, Amazon Prime Video and Apple TV which has iplayer etc . Also BBC sounds app.

Re: Fondleslab appz [Re: bockers] #1632962
31/05/2019 15:52
31/05/2019 15:52
Sunny Darlo
Wishy Offline OP
Forum is my life
Wishy  Offline OP
Forum is my life

Sunny Darlo
Cheers that reminds me of a couple of things that I hadn't thought of. The Sonos suggestion leads me to looking at DLNA control apps. We have raspberryPi running miniDLNA for music so we can listen around the house so I'll be able to control that. We've got a couple of Google Homes so I'll get that app too. I'm looking at remote desktops too, preferably something like Remmina which will do both Windows and Linux.

Originally Posted by bockers
Then it's down to what you use your phone/tablet for.
That's the thing as I've never really used a tablet other borrowing the kids' ones for a bit of surfing. Phone-wise I've been on Windows Phone 8 for the last 5 years until upgrading this week and going back to Android. The awful lack of app support for Windows phone (which was bad when I got the phone let alone now) means that I've had limited app availability on the phone front too. I suppose the same question applies to Android apps too for my new phone.

Up yours Photobucket.
Re: Fondleslab appz [Re: Wishy] #1632997
02/06/2019 14:21
02/06/2019 14:21
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Chertsey in the Thames
My main use for my iPad is multi media, catching up on box sets and watching you tube how to videos. Photo and video editing is not bad either. But I suppose the main use is browsing. I too have come from Windows phone and a Surface tablet. I hardly use my surface any more. It will get used if I'm doing any ms office stuff. Using Excel and Word without a mouse or track pad is still a pain.

The fact that the iPad is always on means it's the go to device if I want to check anything on Google.

I still miss elements of Windows phone and the iPhone is frustrating with is iTunes based file management, but android is ok in that area. One massive plus for me is Apple pay and face recognition. Face recognition when browsing is ace, and with my iPhone I just don't carry cash at all.

Re: Fondleslab appz [Re: Wishy] #1633113
04/06/2019 21:25
04/06/2019 21:25
Sunny Darlo
Wishy Offline OP
Forum is my life
Wishy  Offline OP
Forum is my life

Sunny Darlo
I’ve only reluctantly given up on my Windows phone due to the imminent (well end of this year) removal of WhatsApp which has always been indispensable. I’ve been able to live happily with other things going such as the EBay mobile app etc. The two reasons that I’ve kept it so long (longest I’ve ever kept a mobile) is that firstly all phones seem the same these days (all rectangular things with touch screens) give or take CPU and memory specs and secondly that the phone has just worked.

I’m getting used to the iPad although the lack of a back button has had me wanting to fling t through the window a few times. The display is nice to look at and it works. I’m still not sure if it was my money whether I think it is twice as good as microWishy’s mid range Samsung tablet which is the price differential.

Up yours Photobucket.