Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Edinburgh), 1,160 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sadness abounds #1635345
08/09/2019 10:41
08/09/2019 10:41

C
chipped
Unregistered
chipped
Unregistered
C



After the bottom end went I sourced a good replacement engine but after weighing up the options I have decided to let it go.
As our circumstances have changed a bit I will need a car I can drive in any weather so a Mk5 Golf gti will have to suffice (already onto tuning options!)
Me and Nik have loved our two Coops over about 12 years and are gutted, even my daughter said she feels sad.
Never say never though, I expect to get another when things change again.

Re: Sadness abounds [Re: ] #1635350
08/09/2019 13:50
08/09/2019 13:50
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Sad indeed, but sometimes a "premium holiday" can do wonders for re-igniting the desire for coupe ownership smile


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: Sadness abounds [Re: Edinburgh] #1635357
08/09/2019 17:26
08/09/2019 17:26
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Sad to hear it chipped. I went on to a Mk5 GTI although I miss my coupe.



Coopless!
Re: Sadness abounds [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1635390
09/09/2019 08:14
09/09/2019 08:14
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
M
Mark_S Offline
Forum is my job
Mark_S  Offline
Forum is my job
M

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
I am lucky enough to have a fabulous 911 but I still miss the Coupe. They are magical :-)


997 C4S

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 14 (0.009s) Memory: 0.6045 MB (Peak: 0.6504 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 21:34:13 UTC