Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 976 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,143
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Long time, no see #1635963
04/10/2019 19:17
04/10/2019 19:17

S
Solouko
Unregistered
Solouko
Unregistered
S



Hey guys, it's been a loooooooong long time since I've been on the forums. I'm sorry I've been away, I still have coop parts knocking about for y'all, plenty of help and advice to give as well but I've just not been well.

I've been recovering from... a lot of stuff for the last 3 years. Have been unable to work but didn’t want to live off of benefits so have set up my own company with my best friend Dan. We make and sell Screenwash, air freshener and various other valeting products if you're interested.

But through all this, I've had to cut down on my spending and that meant not paying £50 a week for fuel from my beloved 20TV so for the last three years she’s been sat silently on the driveway, looking like a non runner but being fully functional. Shortly before everything went wrong, or technically during everything going wrong, I had the engine fully rebuilt and became something incredibly rare…

A 20VT that didn’t leak oil!

She was a restoration project, bought from someone off the forum for £850 and has had about £6000 spent on her.

The problem now is that I’ve had a lot of financial problems recently, even though the business is going well and we’re very busy we’re just not making enough money right now to cover all the bills. We’re going to be putting prices up because being over worked and not being able to pay bills is easily fixed with price rises. Being under-worked and not being able to pay the bills is when you have to think about giving up. But those price rises are not going to take effect over night and I’m wracking my brains about how to cover the shortfall.

The one thing that’s brought me back here is the fact that my coupe, although cosmetically is in an awful state, in desperate need of a respray, is mechanically sound and the only thing stopping her from doing 170mph is a flat battery. I want to try everything else I can before selling my coupe but I’m pretty sure I’ve already tried it. Really hoping for some suggestions, no matter how stupid, in fact… the stupider the better as I could really do with a laugh

Re: Long time, no see [Re: ] #1635992
06/10/2019 23:33
06/10/2019 23:33
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Hey Carl!

Sorry to hear about your health. Good to hear from you. If you wanted to make some extra £££ have you thought about being an Escort? laugh
Those brakes you refurb’d and fitted to my Plus were excellent, would that be viable way to make a few £?

Matt



Coopless!
Re: Long time, no see [Re: ] #1635993
06/10/2019 23:43
06/10/2019 23:43

S
Solouko
Unregistered
Solouko
Unregistered
S



An escort? Only if it’s a cosworth tongue
Believe it or not I still have about 4 and a half sets waiting to be refurbished but I have to still pay for the new seals and for them to be powder coated.

I have decided that I am going to sell my coupe now though, have started getting her ready but there’s some things I need to fix on her first. Was writing out a list of all the modifications she’s got the other night and I was impressed. She may have the paintwork of a banger but she’s got a freshly rebuilt engine, full 6 piece zender body kit and an entry level competition sound system. All the work done to her was just before I got ill and I’d kept records of what I spent on her, especially the sound system just in case I did want to enter her into a competition.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/522233635043278848/630065520531734529/image0.jpg
She’s been sat for a while so had to dust the cobwebs off


Re: Long time, no see [Re: ] #1635998
07/10/2019 08:57
07/10/2019 08:57
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
M
Mark_S Offline
Forum is my job
Mark_S  Offline
Forum is my job
M

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
Perhaps you should leave her as she is or rough her up some more, a mechanically sound Coupe that is "ratted" may find a niche market.
Congratulations on digging your way out of trouble, almost there now!

Last edited by Mark_S; 07/10/2019 08:57.

997 C4S
Re: Long time, no see [Re: ] #1635999
07/10/2019 08:59
07/10/2019 08:59
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
RusH Offline
My life on the forum
RusH  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
Agree that if the body is rough just do your best to tidy her up. Treat any rust spots and keep the car clean and the winter salt off her. Then just drive her.




Coupe now sold!
Re: Long time, no see [Re: ] #1636000
07/10/2019 09:10
07/10/2019 09:10

S
Solouko
Unregistered
Solouko
Unregistered
S



Sadly I can't afford to keep her and I have to sell her but, I really don't want to have to break her, not when she's running well. There's only two problems with her, the paintwork which is AWFUL and the sunroof which is... very broken.

I really need to find someone who can appreciate the sound system in her, someone with some taste that doesn't just want a boot full of subs. The 165cm neodymium speakers she's been fitted with have plenty of punch.

Got to decide what to make her smell of too, if i'm going to clean her with my own companies valeting products I can choose pretty much anything. If I have any interest from anyone from Liverpool she's going to smell of Creed Aventos


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.6141 MB (Peak: 0.6909 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 18:51:22 UTC