I've occasionally had the alarm not disable when I get in my car, hazard lights flashing as I drive up the road. Pressing the fob has disabled the alarm and stopped the hazards flashing. Last Thursday morning I was about to head to work, the fob wouldn't work, I had to use the key to unlock the door. As soon as I opened the door the hazard lights started flashing, they go for a while, stop, then start again. I started the car, the fob still did nothing, I couldn't stop the hazard lights flashing, so I turned the engine off, locked the doors with the key and went back to bed. I later checked the fob batteries, I replaced them about 2 months ago, both were still showing 3.1v, so I started reading alarm threads. After a bit of homework I got under the dash and disconnected the blue connector above the fuse box, everything is now fine, but I have no remote central locking, I don't care about the alarm function. Abacus alarms do a reprogram option for 125 quid, with freight to and from Oz that's a fair hit to reprogram a 20 year old electronics box. They do an upgrade option, 175 quid plus 14 quid freight to Oz, so I can reinstate my remote central locking for $360. https://abacuscaralarms.co.uk/alarmshop/meta-m99/m99t2-gtv-or-fiat-coupe-replacement-kit.html As I said, I don't care about the alarm function, so is there a cheaper, easier way of reinstating the remote locking option, or should I just bite the bullet and upgrade the alarm box?
It is not hard to install an aftermarket central locking unit, if that's what you're after. Look at this: https://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=520670&Searchpage=1&Main=41623&Words=%2Bcentral+%2Blocking+%2Bwire&Search=true#Post520670
Thanks for the help, but I fixed it Saturday. I've got a helicopter avionics background, so I can do wiring, but I hate it. I decided to bite the bullet and get the Meta upgrade kit from Abacus car alarms, they no longer do the forum discount. It was 191 pound with freight to Oz, a lot of cash but worth every penny if I put a value on my time and stress. I disconnected the battery, got under the dash and plugged it in, reconnected the battery and it just worked, tidied things up with a few cable ties and walked away, less than 10 minutes work. I spent $380 Oz, but recently sold a few left over bits for $360 after selling my 131 SuperBrava last year, so I'm only out of pocket $20, so no regrets.