|
0 registered members (),
1,089
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: Wasp's eating my shed
[Re: respace]
#1642843
23/07/2020 13:32
23/07/2020 13:32
|
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 836 Hereford
HiraethHuw
Enjoying the ride
|
Enjoying the ride
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 836
Hereford
|
Painted my shed in old sump oil. Pissed the chomping wasps off no end. The smell also pissed the Missus off too 
|
|
|
Re: Wasp's eating my shed
[Re: paul]
#1642897
24/07/2020 18:01
24/07/2020 18:01
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,747 N.E Scotland
mattB
Club member 6
|
Club member 6
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,747
N.E Scotland
|
spraying with wd40 will also do the trick And when the inevitable happens and you resorting to killing them with fire, it'll help too.
Death-rattle-tastic
|
|
|
Re: Wasp's eating my shed
[Re: respace]
#1642900
24/07/2020 18:54
24/07/2020 18:54
|
MeanRedSpider
Unregistered
|
MeanRedSpider
Unregistered
|
I’ll send my Cocker puppy over. He’ll find the nest, get stung by multiple wasps, come running in covered wasps and end up with a £250 vet bill
|
|
|
Re: Wasp's eating my shed
[Re: Edinburgh]
#1642932
26/07/2020 06:55
26/07/2020 06:55
|
MeanRedSpider
Unregistered
|
MeanRedSpider
Unregistered
|
I’ll send my Cocker puppy over. He’ll find the nest, get stung by multiple wasps, come running in covered wasps and end up with a £250 vet bill Why DO you wear that magnet, Richard?  Ha - I’m a sucker for punishment, I guess 
|
|
|
Re: Wasp's eating my shed
[Re: respace]
#1643119
04/08/2020 13:40
04/08/2020 13:40
|
JKD
Unregistered
|
JKD
Unregistered
|
Did you mange to sort out the wasp problem? Have you tried this method? Please do bear in mind, results can vary widely. https://youtu.be/XZ-EOg38t1o?t=16
|
|
|
Re: Wasp's eating my shed
[Re: respace]
#1643125
04/08/2020 15:45
04/08/2020 15:45
|
MeanRedSpider
Unregistered
|
MeanRedSpider
Unregistered
|
Think it must be a bad year for wasp problems because, having not seen a single blighter in the last 3 years, I’ve found two nest in my front garden.
Having had part of the ceiling in the cottage I used to rent fall in at 2am and my bedroom fill with angry wasps, I’m none too keen on our striped friends
|
|
|
Re: Wasp's eating my shed
[Re: respace]
#1643130
04/08/2020 16:19
04/08/2020 16:19
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114 highlands
jimboy
Club Member 857
|
Club Member 857
Forum is my life
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
|
As I said before a sure way to get rid of the insects is to spray wasp powder to where they are, it only takes one wasp to take this into the nest and that’s it, history..
I found powder from years ago purchased from B&Q, in my shed, worked a treat.
I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
|
|
|
Re: Wasp's eating my shed
[Re: respace]
#1643179
05/08/2020 15:01
05/08/2020 15:01
|
MeanRedSpider
Unregistered
|
MeanRedSpider
Unregistered
|
Yup - wasn’t much fun. I could hear the things bouncing off the inside of the closed bedroom door. I gave it a couple of hours, donned my race suit, gloves and helmet, and went in to collect my clothes for work by which time they’d calmed down. I gaffer-taped a carrier bag over the hole. The landlord got the pest control people around the same day.
|
|
|
Re: Wasp's eating my shed
[Re: respace]
#1643293
08/08/2020 23:15
08/08/2020 23:15
|
Joined: May 2020
Posts: 199 Surrey
darthstinky
Club Member 1870
|
Club Member 1870
On a journey
Joined: May 2020
Posts: 199
Surrey
|
I used Ant killer, the powder stuff on our wasp nest .....Killed ‘em right off.
Leave the old nest though, wasp are territorial so wont go near another’s nest....
Good luck,
DS
******************************* 20VT Money pit project status=starts, drives & MOTed! Happy Days.
|
|
|
|