Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Frankenstein Alfa 145QV 16VT #1643425
13/08/2020 09:41
13/08/2020 09:41

M
Mawv
Unregistered
Mawv
Unregistered
M



Hi,

I was part of this forum many moons ago and I think with the whole GDPR thing my account got deleted as it wasn’t in use. I have previously owned 2 x Scots Green 20VTs, one of which was a well known forum car.

I have now re-joined with a bit of a hybrid. I own a stripped out, fully caged, Alfa Romeo 145 Phase 2 Cloverleaf (QV). However it hosts under the bonnet a 2.0 16VT from a Fiat Coupé, along with the transmission.

It’s due a timing belt and I’m wary of taking it to just any garage, given it’s a bit of a Frankenstein car. Looking for advice on where to go, in or around the Glasgow area.

Thank you.

Attached Files
Last edited by Mawv; 13/08/2020 09:43. Reason: Pictures.
Re: Frankenstein Alfa 145QV 16VT [Re: ] #1644602
25/09/2020 11:06
25/09/2020 11:06
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 580
Ayrshire
ScouseCoupe Offline
Club member 7230
ScouseCoupe  Offline
Club member 7230
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 580
Ayrshire
Originally Posted by Mawv
Hi,

I was part of this forum many moons ago and I think with the whole GDPR thing my account got deleted as it wasn’t in use. I have previously owned 2 x Scots Green 20VTs, one of which was a well known forum car.

I have now re-joined with a bit of a hybrid. I own a stripped out, fully caged, Alfa Romeo 145 Phase 2 Cloverleaf (QV). However it hosts under the bonnet a 2.0 16VT from a Fiat Coupé, along with the transmission.

It’s due a timing belt and I’m wary of taking it to just any garage, given it’s a bit of a Frankenstein car. Looking for advice on where to go, in or around the Glasgow area.

Thank you.


Continental in Port Glasgow. https://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/ca...hop/Continental-Garage-2095060137387107/


1999 Rosso Corsa 20VT
2000 Rosso Alfa 916 Spider Lusso



Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.013s Queries: 15 (0.008s) Memory: 0.5960 MB (Peak: 0.6486 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 21:56:10 UTC