|
|
|
1 registered members (Edinburgh),
1,160
guests, and 3
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Aluminium .vs Copper Rad
#1652115
22/07/2021 23:38
22/07/2021 23:38
|
Joined: May 2020
Posts: 199 Surrey
darthstinky
OP
Club Member 1870
|
OP
Club Member 1870
On a journey
Joined: May 2020
Posts: 199
Surrey
|
Evening all
I’ve got to replace the exhaust manifold on the 20VT and planned to change the rad at the same time….current one is old and not in great nick…
So looking at the cost of std copper vs aluminium rads is noticeable - so apart from the obvious weight difference, is there any other advantage of installing an aluminium rad over its copper cousin?
Ta,
DS
******************************* 20VT Money pit project status=starts, drives & MOTed! Happy Days.
|
|
|
Re: Aluminium .vs Copper Rad
[Re: darthstinky]
#1652119
23/07/2021 07:49
23/07/2021 07:49
|
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 363 Free State of Jones
clanger
Making a profit
|
Making a profit
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 363
Free State of Jones
|
If I could source one I would choose copper every time. The fins on the ally rads are very fragile.
1/1/26 fccuk forum monetised. RIP
|
|
|
Re: Aluminium .vs Copper Rad
[Re: clanger]
#1652125
23/07/2021 11:24
23/07/2021 11:24
|
Joined: May 2020
Posts: 199 Surrey
darthstinky
OP
Club Member 1870
|
OP
Club Member 1870
On a journey
Joined: May 2020
Posts: 199
Surrey
|
If I could source one I would choose copper every time. The fins on the ally rads are very fragile. I had not considered the fragility of the ally rad - good point! Ta.
Last edited by darthstinky; 23/07/2021 11:24.
******************************* 20VT Money pit project status=starts, drives & MOTed! Happy Days.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|