Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (TonyB), 1,000 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Alfa Giulia. Less is more. #1654199
17/11/2021 22:07
17/11/2021 22:07
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,613
S. Wales. Way beyond my means
Gripped Online content OP
Club member 1924
Gripped  Online Content OP
Club member 1924
Forum is my job

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,613
S. Wales. Way beyond my means
The days are numbered for our Giulietta diesel as we've become tired of spelling Giulietta and decided that Giulia is easier, having fewer letters. Less is more apparently.

Less hatchback (it's a saloon), less diesel (it's a petrol) and less fuel economy (it's a petrol). nono

All good. But it has more power (280bhp) oh dear. But the 0-60 is less so that must be good.

The alloys certainly have less spokes, which will save me hours in cleaning.

Anyway, has anyone got one? Interested to hear views.


Re: Alfa Giulia. Less is more. [Re: Gripped] #1654200
17/11/2021 22:22
17/11/2021 22:22
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 595
Guildford
wink Offline
Enjoying the ride
wink  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 595
Guildford
Not sure how you can tire of spelling Giulietta? I really like the look of the Giulia from the front, rear looks a bit BMW for my taste...but it's also a size bigger so more is more. I presume the motor is a 2 litre version of the 1750TB that we have in our Giulietta? That one is 240bhp and it's a bit of a handful for the fwd chassis. Will be interested to see how different the rwd chassis is to drive. Hope you enjoy it!

Re: Alfa Giulia. Less is more. [Re: Gripped] #1654201
17/11/2021 22:39
17/11/2021 22:39
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,613
S. Wales. Way beyond my means
Gripped Online content OP
Club member 1924
Gripped  Online Content OP
Club member 1924
Forum is my job

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,613
S. Wales. Way beyond my means
Thanks. I have to say I prefer the look of the Giulietta which still looks sharp against newer cars. I never got to try a 1.7TBi QV (ours is a QV line diesel so has all the features except the engine). Not sure about the Giulia engine, it could well be a larger version. I'll have to do some research. It's definitely not the Ferrari derived V6, but that is another £35k! Much as I'd like one.

Agree with the BMW comparison. It could easily be a 3 series. But I think that was deliberately to draw BMW custom to Alfa. I don't like saloons either but they don't do a hatch. (it's actually Mrs Gs car so I don't really get a say in the matter).

The interior is bigger than the Giulietta but the rear legroom isn't as big as you'd expect. The dash and materials are very nice though and it's deceptively quick.
The 8 speed auto gearbox is great too.

As for RWD, we're already looking at winter tyres!!


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.011s Queries: 14 (0.007s) Memory: 0.6017 MB (Peak: 0.6441 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:22:31 UTC