|
1 registered members (TwelveTeaVan),
1,148
guests, and 6
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,143
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Gtec1 or 2
#1655393
23/01/2022 23:43
23/01/2022 23:43
|
gianniteamturbo
Unregistered
|
gianniteamturbo
Unregistered
|
I've owned my coupe since 2003 and not long after that I purchased a Gtec2 chip off grahamL on here. Did I make a mistake as my car is completely standard other than an k&n air filter? I've always had a blitz dual solenoid boost controller to monitor the boost but reading some other threads they mention the gtec2 chip is for heavily modified coups.
Also my boost controller is on the blink and either need to remove it which I assume will allow the chip to control the boost or do I install another boost controller. It's been over 15 years since I did these mods and to be perfectly honest I'm way out of touch with it and could do with just some general guidance.
Cheers Gianni
|
|
|
Re: Gtec1 or 2
[Re: ]
#1655402
24/01/2022 10:55
24/01/2022 10:55
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312 Sandhurst
Begbie
ex El Presidente
|
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
|
From what I remember, a Gtec 1 is for pretty much for standard cars (although having the K&N panel won't matter), whereas the Gtec 2 was for more modified cars (FMIC, exhaust etc..) and seem to think it would require super unleaded to run as the ignition advance was a little more agressive
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
|
|
|
Re: Gtec1 or 2
[Re: Begbie]
#1655519
31/01/2022 16:40
31/01/2022 16:40
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,585 Glasgow,Near Florence..If only...
paul
My life on the forum
|
My life on the forum
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,585
Glasgow,Near Florence..If only...
|
From what I remember, a Gtec 1 is for pretty much for standard cars (although having the K&N panel won't matter), whereas the Gtec 2 was for more modified cars (FMIC, exhaust etc..) and seem to think it would require super unleaded to run as the ignition advance was a little more agressive yup Begbie is spot on
was Paul S,now just paul...Member since Oct 2000,Coupe may be FATALLY injured - :(oh no it's not
|
|
|
Re: Gtec1 or 2
[Re: ]
#1656131
04/03/2022 12:26
04/03/2022 12:26
|
GrahamL
Unregistered
|
GrahamL
Unregistered
|
I know a few people have run Gtec2 with standard intercooler for years without a problem, but I wouldn't recommend it, especially if you're in a hot climate.
If you're running a boost controller as well then limit boost to no more than 1.2 bar sustained, definitely not any more than that with a Gtec2 on standard intercooler.
If it's been running OK like that for years then I'd just replaced the failed boost controller and run the same boost level as before.
|
|
|
Re: Gtec1 or 2
[Re: ]
#1656899
10/04/2022 18:34
10/04/2022 18:34
|
GrahamL
Unregistered
|
GrahamL
Unregistered
|
I've re-listed the Gtec chips on Ebay now, they've been gone from there since the start of the year, just in case anyone was looking.
|
|
|
Re: Gtec1 or 2
[Re: ]
#1657563
14/05/2022 15:44
14/05/2022 15:44
|
Den
Unregistered
|
Den
Unregistered
|
Hi, may I have the link for the gtec1 chip? I would like to purchase it
|
|
|
Re: Gtec1 or 2
[Re: ]
#1657570
14/05/2022 18:21
14/05/2022 18:21
|
Den
Unregistered
|
Den
Unregistered
|
I've re-listed the Gtec chips on Ebay now, they've been gone from there since the start of the year, just in case anyone was looking. May I have the link to purchase the gtec1 chips? Tq
|
|
|
Re: Gtec1 or 2
[Re: ]
#1657602
16/05/2022 16:45
16/05/2022 16:45
|
GrahamL
Unregistered
|
GrahamL
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: Gtec1 or 2
[Re: ]
#1657790
23/05/2022 10:26
23/05/2022 10:26
|
GrahamL
Unregistered
|
GrahamL
Unregistered
|
I generally don't bother as the power is disconnected when you unplug the ECU connector anyway, but it won't do any harm to disconnect battery first. (Unless your radio loses settings or needs a security code to enable it again after disconnecting power).
|
|
|
|